ipad air wifi

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh well after weeks of messing around with my ipad air and the settings on my router i have discovered with the help of apple support that my Ipad Air has a hardware fault on the wifi.Device has been having network problems for quite a while with it dropping the connection etc and when connected it would be like using dial up again..open a page go make a cuppa and come back and hopefully it has opened..
I thought it was router but it happens on friends network also but with apple support we completely hard reset and restored device twice but still would not send any data over WiFi could not sign into my icloud account or turn off "find my ipad"would just give time out error and validation errors.
Apple are sending me a box and label to send it for repair or replace...never know may get a new one..not that it makes any difference to me as my ipad air is in as new condition anyway...Not to worry hopefully be getting new ipad air 2 soon..
You do pay alot for apple devices but the support from them is on the ball...

Just ordered new ipad air 2...looks real tasty..
will sell the ipad air once it is repaired etc..

Just ordered new ipad air 2...looks real tasty..
will sell the ipad air once it is repaired etc..

Well had the iPad air 2 for a day and half now..to be honest apart from the physical differences I don't see any difference..
Speed is super fast but it was on air one..screen looks fantastic but again so was air one but the air 2 screen is meant to be better..
One thing I really like is the finger scanner to unlock device this is housed in the home button and for iCloud and App Store etc you use it instead of putting in your password every time a realy nice feature...
It is slimmer than air one and this makes it hard to hold due to the thin bezel and there's a lack of any cases yet as I ain't paying £69 for a case I can get for £6 on fleabay when they start selling them..I know they are not Apple but they do the same job...
Overall I'm very very happy with the iPad Air 2,it's fast and fluid with very smooth operations and like most Apple devices everything just works and works very well..Internet browsing is very fast and uncomplicated using the Google chrome app and as with all the available iPad apps they function seamlessly..
I have to admit to finding it very difficult to put down,some might say it's over priced and at £399.00 it don't come cheap but I feel it's worth every penny it's a superb piece of technology and as I learnt in the past week Apple support is incredible and nothing was to much for them and resolved my iPad air one wifi problem with a brand new unit which took only three days from me sending old air one to recieving the replacement unit...
As you can probably tell I love the new iPad air 2...

Last edited:
A nice, clear and honest review @AJT, glad to hear you are happy with your new purchase. Do I detect an Air 1 coming up on the classifieds soon? ;)

Well had the iPad air 2 for a day and half now..to be honest apart from the physical differences I don't see any difference..
Speed is super fast but it was on air one..screen looks fantastic but again so was air one but the air 2 screen is meant to be better..
One thing I really like is the finger scanner to unlock device this is housed in the home button and for iCloud and App Store etc you use it instead of putting in your password every time a realy nice feature...
It is slimmer than air one and this makes it hard to hold due to the thin bezel and there's a lack of any cases yet as I ain't paying £69 for a case I can get for £6 on fleabay when they start selling them..I know they are not Apple but they do the same job...
Overall I'm very very happy with the iPad Air 2,it's fast and fluid with very smooth operations and like most Apple devices everything just works and works very well..Internet browsing is very fast and uncomplicated using the Google chrome app and as with all the available iPad apps they function seamlessly..
I have to admit to finding it very difficult to put down,some might say it's over priced and at £399.00 it don't come cheap but I feel it's worth every penny it's a superb piece of technology and as I learnt in the past week Apple support is incredible and nothing was to much for them and resolved my iPad air one wifi problem with a brand new unit which took only three days from me sending old air one to recieving the replacement unit...
As you can probably tell I love the new iPad air 2...

A nice, clear and honest review @AJT, glad to hear you are happy with your new purchase. Do I detect an Air 1 coming up on the classifieds soon? ;)

No sorry mate..been passed to my bro the lucky sod..promised him my air 1 when I got it back from Apple repair but they sent a brand new one so that's what he got...

Fairy nuff, at least it's gone to a good home.

Yes mate..I would imagine there will be quite a few on fleabay very soon..folks doing what I have and upgrading or simply wanting the latest and greatest

Back