IP Masking?

The Mackem

Member ++
Reaction score
I'm looking for some software/hardware to either give out a fake IP address or mask it completely. Problem is I need it to work both with my internet browser and peer to peer software such as direct connect/irc and kazaa. If anyone has a suggestion or any links that would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Rob

You could try a Proxy Server or try a piece of software called Ghostsurf which I think might do something like a Proxy.

The IP of a Proxy can be entered into your connection manager in a browser or can be used with DC etc. try searching for lists of Proxies on the web.

Any data sent to your PC will have to be sent to the Proxy first so it hides your real IP.

[DLMURL]http://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html[/DLMURL]

here you can always find the latest proxys.....choose an anonymous one...the transparent one would not do what you want...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
as spectre said:

The IP of a Proxy can be entered into your connection manager in a browser .

Tools/internetoptions/connection/....
have a look there....somewhere are settings where you can enter the proxy IP and the port.

thanks m8..

found it thanks :)

which type of proxy do I use (is transparent ok?)

what do I put for 'port'?

cheers

HTTP Port is 80 but a non-anonymous proxy forwards your IP in request headers (Or something like that lol).

Very good links Dark Angel & Spectre, thanks m8ys, quite easy to Hide/Mask your IP address once you know the proxy addy & port number, never thought to do it before. nice1 ;)

Bronto

Can I be nosey and ask if you are doing something naughty ? Hence the need to mask your ip. There is only really one hub you need to access and thats DW's. It's members only so snoopers cannot really see what your up to m8ty.... :Cheers: .

Hi Dutcho,

I just came across these posts while browsing the threads and found it interesting that you could do that, since trying i've found that it really slows down the PC so unless you wanted to do something "naughty" as you put it, it's hardly worth it.

regards

Bronto :Cheers:

LOL m8 the potential is there alright

is an IP addy given to Ur PC or to Ur internet connection?
How could anyone find out who/where U are by this IP address?

cheers

So, when U sign up with a provider they assign U an ip which holds Ur name and address?

I used Steganos Internet Anonym Pro 6 untill recently, it wont work with Norton internet security 2004 you cant send mail through outlook express
but apart from that it worked great

Back