iPhone iOS 4.1 Jailbreak for iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom) with Sn0wbreeze 2.0 Releasing on Wedne

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
This is off a reliable source

iH8sn0w’s Sn0wbreeze2.0 will drop on Wednesday, 23rd September 2010. For those of you who don’t know
Sn0wbreeze for Windows works like pwnageTool for mac which helps you in creating Custom firmware files so that you can upgrade without upgrading your baseband. This allows you to use the existing version of Ultrasn0w for unlocking phone so that you can use it with any carrier you like.

Spirit2Pwn2.png

However it is to be noted that Sn0wbreeze 2.0
WILL NOT jailbreak iPhone 4,iPad and iPod touch 4G. The devices which it will support are:
iPhone 2G
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) – Must be already jailbroken. (If you are jailbroken using Spirit or JailbreakMe, use spirit2pwnfrom http://repo.woowiz.net)iPhone 3GS (new bootrom) – Must be currently Jailbroken on 3.1.2

iPod Touch 1G
iPod Touch 2G (Non-MC Model)
iPod Touch 2G (MC Model) – Must be currently Jailbroken on 3.1.2

iPod Touch 3G – Must be currently jailbroken on 3.1.2

We will of course be back with complete How-to guides on Jilbreaking iPhone and iPod touch using Sn0wbreeze 2.0 for Windows once it is out this Wednesday. Stay tuned!

Re: iOS 4.1 Jailbreak for iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom) with Sn0wbreeze 2.0 Releasing on W

cheers mate my wifi aswell as other a few other things have been acting weird since i jb'd to 4.0 ive been waiting on this thanks again for the info.

Re: iOS 4.1 Jailbreak for iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom) with Sn0wbreeze 2.0 Releasing on W

How do I know which bootrom my iphone has?

How do I know which bootrom my iphone has?

hi mate here u go

The serial number is one way to check; if the 3rd, 4th, and 5th digits of the number are 940 or higher it more than likely has the new bootrom. If it is 939 or less you should have the old bootrom; there may be some iPhones that don't fit into that criteria so here is how to check the bootrom and know for sure what you have (no jailbreak is required):

Copy and pasted from another thread:
To check iBoot Rom Version on Windows
1. Put your phone into DFU mode (hold power/home till it shuts down and release power when display goes off/continue holding home till you hear a sound on your computer)
2. device manager > universal serial bus controllers > apple mobile device
3. Right click on this and go to properties
4. Click details tab and should be in one of the fields below (change the drop down box till you find iBoot information).

On a Mac:
Put the iPhone in DFU mode then navigate to "About this Mac". From there go to "More Info...", and select USB on the list on the left. Under the USB menu you can select "Apple Mobile Device (DFU Mode)" and that will bring up information about the iPhone. About half way down it will have the iBoot information: It will either be [iBoot-359.3] or [iBoot-359.3.2] (the 359.3.2 is the new currently unjailbreakable one). To get it out of DFU mode just hold both the home and power button until it powers back on.

Ih8sn0w is currently down and being updated.

"Site is being updated.

~iH8sn0w"

It will be soon.

Jama

any news on this yet?? is the jb out?

is there still no news, ive been looking around but i cant find nothing, cheers.

Back