insurance & car lease experts

pinkhelmets

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anyone know how rules are with insurers & lease agents on this problem....? I dont want to ask the lease company before paperwork has been sorted & agreed.

>>>
New Car lease is to be in a Ltd company name. Sole director is named & checked for credit but doesnt use the car.
The only driver is to be an employee of the Ltd company, not named anywhere on lease credit agreements.

Can the insurance go in the drivers name? -They ask if you're the owner, so answer is 'no its a company car'.
Does the insurance have to be in the Ltd company name, listing the 1 driver?

Anyone here know please?

Does anyone know how rules are with insurers & lease agents on this problem....? I dont want to ask the lease company before paperwork has been sorted & agreed.

>>>
New Car lease is to be in a Ltd company name. Sole director is named & checked for credit but doesnt use the car.
The only driver is to be an employee of the Ltd company, not named anywhere on lease credit agreements.

Can the insurance go in the drivers name? -They ask if you're the owner, so answer is 'no its a company car'.
Does the insurance have to be in the Ltd company name, listing the 1 driver?

Anyone here know please?

In the past I've always taken out fleet insurance in the company name, even for one driver, the owner is the lease company. It's a company car. The driver is responsible for moving traffic offences - get them to sign to that effect. You might also check about excess - I.e. the driver should sign to cover the excess in any insurance claim. It may be worth having a quick word with a solicitor to check...

Back