Installing TT on Chinese DVD,etc player

grahamts

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a very new, newbie who wants to install Tom Tom on my recently purchased xtrons in dash DVD player, it comes with Igo8 already installed and if I must, I'll use that, but I much prefer Tom Tom for its far cleaner interface.
It has WinCE 5 as an operating system but it is well hidden, can anybody help with an idiot's guide to installation, I'm reasonably computer literate but not into hacking software. All the guides I have seen so far seem to be for standalone satnavs or palmtops which use WinCE 5 and are connectable to PCs, as far as I'm aware I can't link the player to a computer, so how do I go about adding TT?
Alernatively how do I customise Igo8 to get rid of all the junk on the 4.3" screen, I've gone into all the settings menus but cannot see a way to get rid of things like the compass (why does anybody want a compass??), any help greatly appreciated,
Graham

Thanks for the response guys, but neither link is particularly relevant. The first is a general discussion which doesn't actually go anywhere regarding the installation of TT and the second is actually the unit I have which uses Igo 8 and hasn't been changed, so doesn't really get me any further.

Back