infrared

Bilbee

Inactive User
Reaction score
any1 tell me if the dell pent 3 is equipt with infrared, the drivers are in windows,but there are no l.e.d on either the monitor or tower,if it doesnt have it can it be installed.
thanx guys ...bilbee... :)

which dell p3 the more info the better.but i would think that it may have a connector for it on the m/board but not the i/r receiver.

Gone right through the ref.guide,theres no mention of infrared,can only assume theres none.can it be installed & how,appreci8 any info.
...bilbee... :confused:

as far as i can remember you can buy a card that you plug into m/board and i/r tranceiver plugs into that will have a look around and try to find out where

Can we establish that this is a networking question, and not just a wireless keyboard you are looking for.
If it is networking we'll haul it over there and try to sort it out m8.
Regards
Diamond :)

Hi m8.

The quickest way to check for irda is to go into the bios, tapping the del key on boot up usually does it, go to intergrated peripheral section ( or find the section with the com ports in) and look at com port 2 settings, there should be an irda reference if its supported. If no reference is there then you may have to change your mother board. :D

Back