Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[INFO] Something new to Play with XBMC & Dbox

pt-1

Inactive User
Hi guys,

if your are not a linux or Mac Buff you can still run the XBMC on your PC.

Historically the T3ch releases always included a win 32 Version of XBMC but this was more for skinners to play around and did not have 100% functionality.

Original info is ->here<-

Download the latest T3ch 3 Release from ->here<-

Download the SDL.NET package from ->here<-

Get the sdldotnet-6.0.0-runtime-setup.exe

Download the OpenGL Extension Wrangler Library from ->here<-

Unzip the glew-1.5.0-win32.zip file and copy the glew32.dll from the glew\bin directory to your newly extracted E:\T3CH\XBMC directory

Download the latest Wiso 12185 SDL/OpenGL Release from ->here<-

Put the Direcorys and files into the unzipped T3ch download into the XBMC Directory and just start the xbmc.exe

you can start the xbmc.exe -fs to enable Full Screen

All this is early Beta Releases but you can try and play around ;-)

It is not 100% working yet but it should play movies etc.

For everyone that is not so familiar what XBMC is, it is a open source Project that originally was developed to run on the 1st Version of the Microsoft Xbox. It is a full media center and this has now been ported to the Windows PC, the Mac (leopard) and also for Linux.

Give it a try as it also includes a Upnp Server and Client and can host Music & Movies to an Xbox 360.

screenshot000.jpg

screenshot001.jpg

screenshot002.jpg

You can even turn on a detailed Log within this menu. The log file get's written into the xbmc folder.

The C drive on your PC shows up as C Drive once you add it as a source. Documents and settings and then the username get's you to my documents ;-)

screenshot005.jpg

Screenshots work with the PRTSCR Button after choosing a Directory to store the BMP's

It can even be used as a FREE !!!!!!!!!!!! Upnp Server for the Dbox

XBMC_SUpnp_Server_1.PNG

XBMC_SUpnp_Server_2.PNG

Still the Dbox can only play music via this !!!

But the 360 can now use the old XBox or XBMC running on a Mca,PC or Linux to stream HD Movies !!!

Hello,

instead of the Wiso 12185 please download ->this<- as AC3 Audio should now work on PC's with AC3/Dolby Digital Audio Cards.

Please report ->here<- any issues you encounter.

New Update ;-)

Wiso has released the Version 12563 . You can download it ->here<-

To change the screen Resolution to match your PC Screen please do the following (1024x768 is only an example from my Laptop!):

screenshot_08_04_2008_001.png
screenshot_08_04_2008_002.png

screenshot_08_04_2008_003.png

After this just turn the XBMC off and Start again via the xbmc_pc.exe. A simple reset within XBMC does not load these changes at present

screenshot_08_04_2008_005.png

screenshot_08_04_2008_006.png

New is now also the the Userdata files that are for example the Favorites.xml or the Sources.xml are now stored here c:\Documents and Settings\your username\Application Data\xbmc .

Please delete above Folder if you had used previous Versions !!

The Favorites.xml gives you quick access to any scripts you have on the Xbox

screenshot_08_04_2008_004.png

Have Fun !!

Just wonna say thanks for info!

I'm surprised there's not been more interest in this thread XBMC is by far the best interface I've used for a media centre, I've a couple of old eggboxes running XBMC dam cheap media centre PC, but I might have a play @ building a dedicated PC to see how it runs.

Thanx again

now this is what ive been waiting for, gunna give this a go in a bit.

XBMC is the best app of all times
I take it that it will work with gemini as gemini 4.31 has a upnp plugin?

:Cheers:

Yes, XBMC is the business. Never got the link between dbox and it working though depspite several attempts.

For the Dbox and Neutrino or Enigma

Thanks to Funcky from the Evo-X.de Forum he ported Callys original script so they work with newer XBMC Versions.

Updated: 29.02.2009

Reason: Fixed Links

http://www.pt-1.net/xbox/dbox2TV.part1.rar

http://www.pt-1.net/xbox/dbox2TV.part2.rar

Important when you uprade to a later Version for example from --->here<---

You will find 2 files in the un-rared directory called _tools

SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg and SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe

You need to rename these to evoxdash.cfg and evoxdash.xbe and then within the CFG file point it to the partition were you have uploaded XBMC too.

Normally this is e:\apps\xbmc or f:\apps\xbmc

Xbox_Screenshots_0001.jpg

Xbox_Screenshots_0002.jpg

Xbox_Screenshots_0003.jpg

Last edited:
Latest Update 27.07.2008

Again here is what you do:

Download the latest T3ch Release from ->here<- <-- This is needed and the latest Version !!

Download the SDL.NET package from ->here<- <-- Only needed if not already installed !!

Get the sdldotnet-6.0.0-runtime-setup.exe <-- Only needed if not already installed !!

Download the OpenGL Extension Wrangler Library from ->here<- <-- Only needed if not already installed !!

Unzip the glew-1.5.0-win32.zip file and copy the glew32.dll from the glew\bin directory to your newly extracted E:\T3CH\XBMC directory <-- Only needed if not already installed !!

Download the latest Wiso 12767 SDL/OpenGL Release from ->here<- <-- This is needed and the latest Version !!

Put the Direcorys and files into the unzipped T3ch download into the XBMC Directory (Delete all old content if you had it already installed but keep the \Userdata Folder) and just start the xbmc_pc.exe.

There are also some Visualization files ->here<- but I have not yet checked out what they are.

You can even include the Xbox BBC iPlayer:

Download this:

http://xbmc-iplayer.googlecode.com/files/xbmc-iplayer-200804212241.zip

Unzip it on your PC

Then FTP to you Xbox
Check In the E Drive under e:\apps\xbmc\scripts
Create a Directory called iPlayer
Copy the content of above Zip File into this directory
Restart the Box

You can even add it to your Favorites:

screenshot_08_04_2008_004.png

Open and Edit a file called favorites.xml within e:\apps\xbmc\userdata

Copy one of the existing Entries and modify it to the iPlayers Location you can select the iPlayer in here.

You can also use this to stream content to your Xbox 360 or even your PS3.

Enable the Upnp Function and share your Media and connect your 360/PS3 via the Network automatically to your PC/Xbox running XBMC.

This is sweet, xbox1 + xbmc is one the most used gadget that I have.

Thanks for keeping the thread updated.

At least something new appart from the ever repeating questions that have already been answered 1000's times in this forum

Back