info on tree's

Welshboy Taffy

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi peps I moved in to my house about 3 years ago and every summer when it gets hot I like to relax out back which is great but come 4 O'Clock one of the surrounding houses has a massive tree which cover my garden in a shadow this tree reaches over the roof of a house I know tree's are supposed to be a certain hight and I've asked the owner to trim it the first year and the second but I'm not going to this year this time I'm going to do something about it but I don't know what, thats where I need your help has any of you had this problem or know someone that has please let me know how to go about this the right way and not drive a couple of rusty nails into the tree trunk to kill it as my m8 suggested.

thanks Taffy

well if its just a few branches then u can cut them down if u so wish, if not call the council and complain.

I'm the same m8.

Guy accross from me has a big evergreen tree, one of those that stink too. It even hangs over into our garden and covers the sun at about 5pm.

Cut the overhanging bit of it with a hedge trimmer last year, need to see him about it this year though.

It even had a bee hive in it a couple of years ago.

firstly congrats on elite status taffy

the tree is property of your neighbor but branches hanging over are not and can be trimmed properly
the only sure fire way is to contact the council and ask

m8 you've just turned green and you want to kill a tree,shame on you lol just ask them to trim it down again or ask you local council for advice..

ps: copper nails

Last edited:
m8 you've just turned green and you want to kill a tree,shame on you lol just ask them to trim it down again or ask you local council for advice..

ps: copper nails

Every year i ask him and he don't I forgot to mention that sorry

m8 you've just turned green and you want to kill a tree,shame on you lol
:roflmao:

My mum & dads neighbor had a tree that used to bring down their telephone line in high winds so one year we asked if he could trim it down, he said he would but done nothing about it. One day me & my dad took a saw to it and totally cleared the the overhang. The neighbor never said a thing. It's your right to do what ever is in your property?

hi peps I moved in to my house about 3 years ago and every summer when it gets hot I like to relax out back which is great but come 4 O'Clock one of the surrounding houses has a massive tree which cover my garden in a shadow this tree reaches over the roof of a house I know tree's are supposed to be a certain hight and I've asked the owner to trim it the first year and the second but I'm not going to this year this time I'm going to do something about it but I don't know what, thats where I need your help has any of you had this problem or know someone that has please let me know how to go about this the right way and not drive a couple of rusty nails into the tree trunk to kill it as my m8 suggested.

thanks Taffy

look here

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/WhereYouLive/NoiseNuisanceAndLitter/DG_10029999

and here m8

http://www.communities.gov.uk/index.asp?id=1127777

yeah, as mentioned above. You can trim anything that overhangs your property, but you have to give them the buts back for some bizzare reason!

yeah, as mentioned above. You can trim anything that overhangs your property, but you have to give them the buts back for some bizzare reason!

If you don't give the bits back you can be charged with theft, only cut the bits overhanging your fence and then throw them over the fence,strange but true..

Its called stealing that bizarre reason mate. lol

The best way to get rid off a tree is to say the roots are damaging your house. Most insurnce companys will send a bloke who will order it to be cut down.

put your clock forward a few hours, itll take a few days to adjust but then you can enjoy the garden and by the time the sun gets blocked out itll be bed time :proud:

Back