inadyn

teracir

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anyoone know if inadyn is avilable for commando 14.6 image and how I can go about installing it?

Cheers

as far as i no not within the image but all you need to do is download it and run it on your pc it works with both dyndns and no-ip

my pc will not be runnin all the time so if my external IP cahnges I want to be able to use this to detect the change via the 500S and update the IP itself, is this possible?

Where can I download it from and which folder dooes it reside in on the commando image.

it doesnt need to be on 24/7 it only needs updating once a mounth so pc will be fine

the group that does commando like it to be for free to air tv and seeing that dyndns is for external share i dont think thay will and it
so as i said you can put dyndns on your pc do a search and down load the updater or do it with no ip they send you a email to keep it updated

mine is a an ancient f57230-4 belkin which has been doing a brilliant job to date but I fear its days are numbered? I have replaced it with a netgear Wgr614v9 which has been reporgrammed (old virmin). the only downside to this is it only allowed dns through DYNDNS website so I had to sign up for that.

I am in the market for a router, can anyone make a recommendation. I was looking at the latest ASUS one, man that is EXPENSIVE for a router, is it worth it?

I have this router
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002YETVTQ/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1356338480&sr=8-11&pi=SL75

It's cheap as chips and has gigabit Ethernet wireless n 300mb and a pretty good config page that allows dyndns /no-ip etc details but what made me get the router was the fact it can be flashed with the excellent dd wrt custom firmware which allows auto updating of a dyndns etc

(I use it to update my no-ip every 25 days)

It has a USB port aswell for sharing a printer or external drive but I'm yet to try this feature.

cheers made

will look into that - I was looking at dd-wrt but I could not porgramme the belkin router (timing issues for running the script)

Back