Import Customs HMR

nizzex

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Question:

Ive brought something (Phone) from the U.S. and Its being sent by USPS (United States Postal Service). Using my personal Tracking ID, the status says its arrived in Great Britain.

My question is,
* Who will deliver it from then on?
* How much £££ am I looking to pay for in Tax?
* How long does it take to clear from customs?

Thank you.

if it has been through customs as anything other than a gift then you will need to pay duty when it gets delivered.

a courier or the royal mail will deliver it to you, depending on the carriage you bought.

I am not sure how much duty you will need to pay, but I think you pay VAT on top of it as well.

As for clearing customs, unless its an animal, not long :)

I have bought loads from america, most people over there list it as a gift as it causes them extra heart ache on their end to do other wise.

also you may have to pay a handling fee.

For example I imported something recently, value was i think £61, there was a £8 vat change and the cheeky moneys at RM charged £10 handling fee : shocked2

Question:

Ive brought something (Phone) from the U.S. and Its being sent by USPS (United States Postal Service). Using my personal Tracking ID, the status says its arrived in Great Britain.

My question is,
* Who will deliver it from then on?
* How much £££ am I looking to pay for in Tax?
* How long does it take to clear from customs?

Thank you.

it maybe parcelforce and they suck blood out of a stone.

ok. Im pissed off.

Been told by Customs the package is with UPS now. How on earth do it get it now?

HELP

They will deliver to you and may charge you import duty and admin fee.

tmc

Back