Image load thru miniweb

morrisg

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello
Am sure I have asked this before but if I load an image thru miniweb will I loose all my satellite positions as they took me ages to set up

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Using external positioned

Don't quote me on this, the F button (somewhere near the to p right of remote) was meant to update the image online. This should keep your settings.

I don' understand your response in post 3. Just so that you are aware, you can control a motorised dish by two software methods.
A. By using USALS. You tell the receiver your co-ordinates and it works out where it should point for you. If your dish is etup correctly, then there should be no issues.
B. By using Diseqc motor controls. This is where you store all the positions and what it seems you are accustomed too. The one benefit of this is you can really fine tune.

I don't know if this applies to the TM800, but in /etc/enigma2/ there is a file called settings. This stores your settings. Maybe you could copy this to your PC and send back if you want to be adventurous.

hello
i am using option b to store all sat positions.
if i load new image i am scared of loosing these settings.
if so i have already a backup of my current image thru miniweb that i assume i can restore. ?? is that correct ?
excuse my ignorance but just want to make sure before loading new image
thanks in anticipation

If you have a backed up image, restoring it will bring you back to square 1 if you don't like the new image. It is actually a good practice to set up an image how you like it and save a backup.

Flashing a new image through miniroot and I am pretty sure miniweb too will loose channel/tuner settings.

Please try USALs for your motor settings. You will wonder why you never did it in the first place.

Thankyou

Back