Image comparison

poolfan

Inactive User
Reaction score
REading through the threads, I see mention of several images.

I'm familiar with Mr Noob's Newbie image, this one has been my first image installed, for the last few months. I believe that this is a more basic image, can't really install add-ons.

Now installed Pli Iolite. First impressions is that it is the very same as Newbie image. Do I need to get add-ons to get further functionality? If so, is there a list of what add ons i can get, and what they can do?

There is also a Cli image - is this just image developed by a different person/team? From what I read, if you install the Cli-DM600 image, everything else can be installed using remote, if internet connection. Can this be done for Pli images also?

Reggarding cams, can somebody give me a quick overview. I understand that different versions of different cams work for certain people, dependent on location etc. Some images come with certain cams.

If you want to change cams, how do you download them?
what directory do you need to install them?
Can you install using remote, or is that dependent on image used?
Once installed, you can change cams from blue button menu?

Thank you.

The more answers I get, the more I seem to have - suppose this is the only way to learn - hopefully I help others out once I get my head around how the system works...

:Clap:

The basic principle is the same for all images. To get the maximum out of your dreambox you need to have it connected to the internet. The Noob image is great for beginners as it is modded for the UK so newbies can literally plug it and play. The Blue button on the remote is what you need to press to see what is available to you on your image. I am fan of the Pli images because they load an 'infobar ' for UK cable so you can see what is on and next. The Pli team are also the only team I know who have the 'longer EPG' so you can see what is on the box next week or later. Now that I have got myself a satellite those add-ons are not so important and also I have found that the Pli team are little slow updating their server with fixes. I have installed a Gemini image for my DM500S asI find they are very prompt with their fixes.

The cams are installed through the Blue button on your remote and work in a similar fashion to the cards on the PACE boxes. If you do not have one then you will not be able to decode any of the channels.

hi guys. this might be a silly question but i have no landline and use a usb broadband modem on my laptop,how would i connect the 600t to the internet to get the best out of it? or can this be done?
many thanks:Cheers:

Last edited:
how do you get your braodband service. If not via phone line, is it cable?

If cable, then just need to connect cable modem to a router (e.g.g WiFi router), then dreambox to router, laptop can connect wirelessly to router.

If using a 3G mobile USB key, then I don't think that these can be used with dreambox.

thanks poolfan. yep its a 3g modem. thats that so. many thanks for the quick reply.

Back