im going out of my head

gentlex

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guys, im trying to connect a wireless router to telepest with no luck @ all. i first tried a linskys wrt54g do the set up wizard and every thing was going fine for about 15 mins then everything went pear shape it started with limited or no connection then after i couldnt get a connect dont matter what i do so i reset the the router and start the wizard again only this time it doesnt detect an internet connection and dont matter what ido same result the signal light for the internet is on so it is recieving the internet and when i go into network connection to check the conections i can see the gateway connection but its disable when i try to enable it tries to connect then it disable its self again so thought it was the router so i when and got another router netgear wgt624 did wizard setup the first time it see and detect automatic dynamics or something like that then it wont go any further than that it wont see any internet connection i can see the gateway again but once again when i try to enable it wont enable , i know my broadband is still working cox if plug back the modem into the the laptop i can access the internet i havent try the wireless yet just wire. i have never done cable before but aint it suppose be easier than adsl could some one tell what im doing wrong or what i can do to solve this im starting to have nightmare in the daytime

I use the wrt 54g on nthell and i had a similar problem with the wireless dropping out. I changed the wireless channel and now it has been as good as gold.

right first thing is to turn the modem off by pulling the plug out then do the same for router and pc
connect a cable into the router from the laptop and also connect the router wan port to the modem then turn on the modem 1st then router then the pc
see if you have internet then

jimbojambo said:
right first thing is to turn the modem off by pulling the plug out then do the same for router and pc
connect a cable into the router from the laptop and also connect the router wan port to the modem then turn on the modem 1st then router then the pc
see if you have internet then

i forgot to thank you that did the trick my guess it was still looking for the computer mac and refusing the router but any case it worked so m8.

Back