If having issue with Ngrab, use Wingrab! :)

cheers buddy, was having issues with Ngrab and Windows 7, will try this and see how it goes.

Works great on Windows XP but does not record the stream on Windows 7.

I have tried all compatibility modes but still no joy, any help on this.

Hmm, I don't know really what to suggest as I don't have a Win 7 PC. Let me see if any of the other guys have it. In the mean time, can you check this guide to see if it helps.

UR_team

Hmm, I don't know really what to suggest as I don't have a Win 7 PC. Let me see if any of the other guys have it. In the mean time, can you check this guide to see if it helps.

UR_team

Cheers buddy, I'm a T*T, forgot to change the PC IP address in NGrab settings to the Windows 7 one.

All working fine now.

Shifty.

just got it working on Win7 thxs TimeShift for help. but as soon as you start app it starts recording w/e channel your on..

Does Wingrabz only have option to start recording when you start app. no way to start/stop from yellow button options on TM ?

Cheers buddy, I'm a T*T, forgot to change the PC IP address in NGrab settings to the Windows 7 one.

All working fine now.

Shifty.
No problem, good to hear it's working :)

UR_team

This as got to be one of the easiest setups i have had on any box, dont even have to install it, just run set ip of TM box and your recording to PC, (lovely)

Cheers Derek

This as got to be one of the easiest setups i have had on any box, dont even have to install it, just run set ip of TM box and your recording to PC, (lovely)

Cheers Derek

Yup, its as easy as that on XP but on Windows 7, its a no go for me.

Which OS are you using?

EDIT: if your using Ngrab Lite that is WinGrabZ is good on windows XP and 7 but I have to record from the PC and not the box.
I get an error when trying to grab the channels from the box with WinGrabZ.

Last edited:
Need a lot of posts before I can download this. XMediaGrabber is working, but doesn't record (has lots of errors and creates file, but leaves it empty). NGrab Lite tries to record to a file, but uses characters not supported by Windows.. And fails. Otherwise, at least it looks like it should work. Hoping WinGrab is better.

Need a lot of posts before I can download this. XMediaGrabber is working, but doesn't record (has lots of errors and creates file, but leaves it empty). NGrab Lite tries to record to a file, but uses characters not supported by Windows.. And fails. Otherwise, at least it looks like it should work. Hoping WinGrab is better.

And you'd be better off replying to recent rather than 3 year old posts just to get a file

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Back