DVB - PC Cards If AU stops working, will zeta cam be ok?

kitoog

Inactive User
Reaction score
Seeing as AU isnt working in Ireland atm as the keys are always 1 digit off. So AU has to be turned off on dreambox's etc and the correct key has to be entered until the next time the key changes. What will happen with zeta cams in this situation, can the correct key be put on that funcard and have AU turned off?

Or is a different cam going be needed? Any info would be appreciated

all emulators card unlikely to work (if they dotn work in a box then they wont work in a cam) - mosc should be fine - depending on image used - I'm just waiting to see if fenrir survives as whilst I could probably fix an atmega for this new keyroll type I aint got a clue about how to fix fenrir lol

this is a large part of why I wanted to get a hardware cam setup - but that wasnt to be

The Cam is only an interface to extract streaminfo and pass it, properly filtered and formatted, to the card so, as Wonko says, its the card that will determine whether AU continues to function or not. Use a Mosc and you should be ok.

This assumes that the Cam actually works properly in the first place and passes the correct Emm's to the card. No Emm's and no AU !

Havent a clue about mosc's tbh, I only signed up for digital cable in my town a few months ago and was more into satellite stuff before then (And have always used linux receivers so never had to bother with writing cards etc).

What exactly are mosc's? I suppose it's not straight forward as everybody would be using it if it was. Im in a town in Ireland, what exactly do I have to do to get/make a mosc card. I'm asking this because I'm planning to go down the vista media centre route, but as AU as stopped here for now and key changes could be very frequent, it could all be waste of money if I have to be programming a card/cam every few days (well not a total waste, but scheduling recordings etc could be a problem if keys change etc). Any info would be appreciated.

okay - fenrir didnt take it too well - f'ing typical - spend 3 months getting it running and 5 days later it stops lol

back to the money pit that is hardware cams it seems

okay - fenrir didnt take it too well - f'ing typical - spend 3 months getting it running and 5 days later it stops lol

back to the money pit that is hardware cams it seems

lots of activity from the cc at the moment, funs are down, so are dbox i've had to switch to moscs

looks like there's a change to the au method

lol - I know that m8 - waiting for fenrir source code to turn up so I can have a go - got to be easier to do that than try and get hardware cams to work

looks like the shit hit the fan in the uk too. Hi wonko

Did you get those files?

I get two keys updated on rom7. one right after the other but there is 1 digits always out.

It is always the 10th or last digit

lol - I know that m8 - waiting for fenrir source code to turn up so I can have a go - got to be easier to do that than try and get hardware cams to work

hardcams are pretty easy to get to work just a litttle expensive.....and who knows if they'll work tomorrow...theres a manual fix to update the keys , i just used it on my dreambox and all ok...well untill the next key roll

SDK files werent what I meant by source code m8 - will have to do some research to find out if they can be useful - but without sourcecode it may be easier to come up with an app from scratch - which is seriously pushing the limits of my desire to have it work lol

@neathdrew
maybe I am unlucky regrading hardcams but I seem to either have 2 cams which dont work or the only floppydtv-c which doesnt like joker or nagracams - even went and got a tt1501 with ci card specifically to test the cams and that refuses to acknowledge any cams as even present - inc one which is recogised by the floppydtv - hard cams just dont like me it seems - of course getting them to work might be easier if the ci interfaces would acknowledge the cam existed -as without that basic stage you get nowhere - 2 different types of dvb-c interface, 3 cams and a duolabs2+ and I STILL dont know whats faulty - or if it's all faulty - so no - not that easy to setup m8 lol

The key to finding out how to fix this is in the newer starviews 2 and 3.

They are currently the only box's that will au keys correct.

There is a au fix coming for the starview 1 so the makers obviously know how to fix the issue?

I just wish there was a way we could find out what changes they made

Bugger - I just get a second (third, actually) zetacam working so and get AU to work, and AU stops working.

I'll try the extracp keys manully tonight...

Back