Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Idea for new section??

gersrt

Inactive User
Just wondering and sorry Mods if this isn't allowed. But would it be possible to have a section in the dreambox forums where users could upload backup images from their boxes i.e. setup with all plugins working eg. cool epg, channel1 plug in, youtube etc etc. It would make life easier for noobs and everyone else could see how other people like to have their images setup. I for one would upload backups but only if allowed.

Sorry again if this is a no no. But I think this would be a really cool Idea.

Thanks

DM800 original owner.

Just upload it to the relevant box section i.e. dm800hd/dm800se/VU+,if its a clone then put it in the clone section of the boxes mentioned and just make sure "backup" is included in the image name or description :)

Cheers Guys. Could only find a few images in the download section. Thought there would be a lot more users backing up their images and uploading.

Cheers il give it a go.

I use gpxflashbackup but it doesnt save any bootloader newer then ssl82,so you need to remember to flash ssl84b after

Heres another way although I have not tested it yet,but its from SS over on ukcvs so its bound to good :)

Enclosed are tools to backup a complete NFI image, useful if you are playing with the new NeutrinoHD builds and break something.

You can backup to your internal HDD or a usb stick, just edit line 18 of "build-nfi-image.sh" to the path you want, by default it will backup to a HDD

Put the 4 files into /usr/bin
Chmod then to 755
Then from telnet run the script "/usr/bin/build-nfi-image.sh"

After a couple of mins, a folder called "backups" will be created, and inside will be a full .nfi

Attachments

• nfiback.zip
    40.4 KB · Views: 8
Cheers mate that looks great. Il have a play with that.

Thanks Again

I just tried it and it reboots when done but slower then normal,so dont panic lol

Also it seems to lose the epg and I have to force reload crossepg and also need to restart cam :(

But other then that it does do a full backup,
gonna try flash it now to see if the newer bootloader is included :)

@gersrt you say in your original post you have a original dm just out of curosity what image have you got on it i have the dbuk on mine
uni

Back