i was gonna get one of these ok google things until i realised that it saved everthing on your phone

I try to go by what is actually presented. I see the following reasons why it is Yahoo:

In top-right of that page you linked it clearly reads, "results by Yahoo"
If you then search for something, in top-right it reads "yahoo"
If you then look at the URL of what you searched for, it's changed from that website you quoted to uk.search.yahoo.com .....

This is using both Chrome and IE11. Do you not see that when you visit that site?

I see same as poster using firefox, yahoo.

Gyazo

AHHHHHHHHH i see where the confusion is now..

Scratched head at this for days.. worked it out..

i written searchpage.com rather than startpage.com

Startpage.com uses google results.. hence why i was getting confused..

Sorry for all the confusion guys lol ..

Here, this is mine..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-27 at 20.17.02.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-27 at 20.17.02.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
Yes you can delete all the accounts you want, tell FB you want them to delete your data, stop using any and all online email (yahoo, google hotmail, outlook etc...) but as most internet savvy gurus will tell you your data will never be gone.

Even FB had admitted in the past that they don't really get rid of data fully, and it can take months if not years.

Google, Yahoo and Microsoft (hotmail, outlook etc...) have all admitted to reading your email regardless, for advert targetting purposes, if you use POP, Imap or the webmail pages. Many companies use these online mail services, like Virginmedia etc... there is NO free email services that don't make you pay somehow.

If you want totally private email get your own domain and run your own mail server, costs a few pound per month and guarantees privacy.

Amazon, Apple, Google, Bixby, and any other assistants or voice controlled devices ALL listen 24/7 and send stuff back to base, Amazon only admitted it because they got caught out.

Even if you don't and have never used the internet your data can still be online, data from shops find's it's way online because quite a lot of shops use online databases to keep records that can be accessed nationally. They very often use cloud services, from the likes of Amazon and Google, to keep data backed up from their servers.

Doctors and the NHS have online databases, police, airports, ferries. Just because you don't have access to them doesn't mean they are not there.

The best thing to do is stop being paranoid and enjoy life.

Reactions: Rat
How we made search private

You can’t beat Google when it comes to online search. So we’re paying them to use their brilliant search results in order to remove all trackers and logs. The result: The world’s best and most private search engine. Only now you can search without ads following you around, recommending products you’ve already bought. And no more data mining by companies with dubious intentions. We want you to dance like nobody’s watching and search like nobody’s watching.

Not yahoo but google.. without all the tracking..

Does not make sense, they pay google, there are no adds, and they do not charge you. How do they make the money to pay google?

Back