I friggin Hate Sundays

fruitball

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all.

Dont want to sound like a moaning mertal but i f===ing hate sundays.. Dont know whether it stems from being a kid but I always associate sundays with boring, rainy, dull, nothing to do, shops closed, dead, crap on telly. Always remember when i was little and when i wolk up on a Sunday all i could smell was my mum's smelly cooking and it would be some form of Stew with broccili. Ewwwwwwww.

Now today is no exception.. apart from there aint ever going to be stew cooked in my house... it is a sunday night and i am bored s--tless...

Am i the only one who hates sundays?

When one has a full time job Sunday is often the best day of the week. Try morris dancing.

Sundays? Lie-in, read the papers, lunchtime pint, nice bit of roast beef/lamb/chicken (don't mind a nice stew either), lazy afternoon, maybe a film in the evening.

No, no problem with Sundays.

during the football season i often leave the house at 9 and get back about 4:30 after watching my lads play. its my favourite day!

Sunday's are great, Its the only day I can catch up on the things that I want to do. And don't forget guys It's Fathers day next Sunday so pressie time. Yay :)

Hmm, let me see, what happened on Sunday.....?

Oh yeah, up early to see Mrs M and the daughter of to a competition down Leicester way so that's me do what I want for a whole day :)

Had a bit of a physical work-out. That's tidy up the recessed lights in the bathroom including jumping up in the loft to clear the insulation away from them - go through lamps like there's no tomorrow if they get too hot. It's a crap loft to work in 'cos there's wood all over - no gable ends - so that's abs and shoulders sorted.

Upper body work-out follows with a bit of thigh-toning. I'm painting using that quick-drying, water-based paint. The instructions say apply quickly and they're not kidding :)

Knock up a rice salad and do some salad potatoes for later between coats.

Jog down the shop for a paper and a coupla bottles of wine.

Read the paper for a bit with a coffee but hunger kicks in - they're still not back and it's 7:00pm so I put my tea in.

Finally Mrs M turns up, immediately moaning 'cos I've chugged half a bottle of wine, so I shove one of the larger salad potatoes in her gob...

Finish the rest of the wine between us, get the full story of the day, watch the news, summat about Alantis and fall asleep watching The Hulk.

Roll on Monday for a rest :Laugh:

You all sound like a happy bunch of people on sundays grrrr.

Problem I have is a work odd hours but i still friggin hate sunday.. I have taken to drinking on sunday but it is still boring and my girlfriend goes to see her family so no fun either... Perhaps i will take up morris dancing as you say allaboveboard... And Nara... stew is absolutly revolting.... Thats why I try and avoid seeing my family in Ireland as they live of the stuff and it friggin stinks out the house.

only thing good about sundays when i was wee, was Glen Micheal's cartoon cavalcade and Rolph's cartoon time.
the rest was all politics, not good when you're a young lad.

It gets me all this moaning about days you hate instead of moaning take up a hobby and stop wishing your life away. There is plenty of things to do to keep you occupied if you look. You never know perhaps you will love Sundays then.

It gets me all this moaning about days you hate instead of moaning take up a hobby and stop wishing your life away. There is plenty of things to do to keep you occupied if you look. You never know perhaps you will love Sundays then.

Wasting my life away??? where did you come to that conclusion?? I have just said i hate sundays and not that i have nothing to do... Some of my hobbies include.. motorcycling, rockclimbing, target shooting, clubbing, drinking, partying and not coming to conclusions!

Perhaps you should not reply... Might be easier as i dont need to defend myself to you!

Mee-fooking-yeeow lol

Scratch yer eyes out...

...oops, I may have had a bit too much Shiraz, oh b*gger :)

In simple terms its that feeling i get on a sunday.. It is like life stops... Does not matter what i do.. The best way to describe it is when your shift finishes on a friday and you get that warm feeling that it is the weekend and it is friday and no more work! Party (this is just an example as I work odd days)

But sunday is the oposite...

Perhaps i wont bothering Ranting in the ''rant'' room again... Not worth the hassle as if you cannot rant in the rant room then whats the f***in point

Last edited:
I know (Gibbs - ask later)...

...I think all miggy was saying was maybe it's an opportunity?

I don't remember Sundays much because they kinda fade into the rest of the week - I don't work any standard pattern so I value the day off - whenever it is :)

Perhaps i wont bothering Ranting in the ''rant'' room again... Not worth the hassle as if you cannot rant in the rant room then whats the f***in point

Hang on a minute, You had a rant in the rant room. That's what it's for. Mission accomplished.

Other people had their say. Where's the problem?

No point in getting upset because other people think differently.

If you post on a forum you've got to be able to take the flak.

Go no problem with that nara.. Just dont beleive in people basing there opinions (or there ''say'') where they have no knowledge of me or what i do. It is like me walking up to a hospital and telling a brain surgeon how to do his job when i have no knowledge or experience...

Think you might have taken it the wrong way M8, followed the post from the start and I don't think anyone meant anything negative :)

Back