Hub software update

Sparky

Power User +
Reaction score
DC++, the hub software has been updated yet again.

Here is version 0.24. Just unpack and copy the exe over your existing to update.

All your settings will be retained.

DC++ Changelog

Here's the changelog for this update...

last time i updated i lost everything and couldnt connect to anyone lmao, ill stay with 0.181 (downed it anyway though, ta)

Originally posted by digidude
last time i updated i lost everything and couldnt connect to anyone lmao, ill stay with 0.181 (downed it anyway though, ta)

I always let it extract to the directory it says, if its changed all data will be lost......I have had all DC updates and have no problems changing versions.

Gary

If you use the full version of the update with the installer, then you will lose all your settings.

If you just copy over the exe from this zip file, then everything will be preserved.

If you're really paranoid, just make a backup copy of the file "DCPlusPlus.xml". This is where all your settings live.

Cheers for that little snippet Sparky, I'll update mine when I get home tonight. Last time I had to start from scratch lol...not anymore!!!

If you would rather do a fresh install of the new DC++ (instead of just copying the exe file from new folder to your ld folder) just copy the following from your old DC++ folder:

Filelist and Logs folders (and any files in these folders)

Rename the following files in new installation folder (just in case), then copy these from old installation folder to new installation folder

DCPlusPlus.xml
DCPlusPlus.pdb
Favourites.xml
Queue.xml

You will then have same as you had in old version now in your new installation

Back