Huawei P8 Lite Wi-Fi-Bluetooth problem

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
While on hols my Wifi just stopped working as well as the bluetooth. The on/off option is greyed out. I cleared the cache partition a few times but it still doesn't work.
I have done some reading but there's tonnes of conflicting solutions even to the point of removing and resoldering a new wi-fi chip back in.

Has anyone go a SW fix for this or is it a chip replacement job?

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
A bit of luck for a change, I contacted Huawei and because I've only had the phone 14 months they will repair for free. It seems it needs the wifi/bluetooth chip replacing, result. I also still have the online receipt from the Vodafone shop as well.

turner brown

VIP Member
VIP Member
Huawei customer service is good and on there flagship phone have a 3 year warranty
even used to offer a 24 hour replacement but think this is done away with

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Good little phone the p8 lite , I paid £95 when it was on offer. it does what I need. I was in the process of shopping round for a new phone till someone said about the warranty as I use the WiFi quite alot at home

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
I contacted Huawei like you said and it's still under warranty so they sent me a free returns jiffy bag yesterday and it's gone back for a repair. I had to print off my email conformation of when I bought it from carphonewarehouse and stick that in the bag so hopefully in a couple of weeks it will be back

thanks for the advise turner :)

dexyweescot

DW Regular +
Handy to know as I have one. I lost my p9 lite and this was the replacement i bought but I do think the p9 had a little more grunt but seems they have replaced it with the p8 lite 2017

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
The one thing I don't like is the text set up and colour schemes. I prefered it was a dark background and diff coloured bubbles so you can instantly recognise who's said who, Samsung are good for this. I tried but couldn't find how to do this on Huawei P8 Lite

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Got mine back Friday , they replaced the mobo and the sim tray all free of charge. It took 8 days from posting it to having it back so happy days :)

TEST