Mobile Phones HTC sync issue

Emmvee

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys.
I've been given a HTC HD to wipe and fix. I have a USB cable and when I plug it to the pc it recognises it and starts charging but HTC sync or windows mobile device centre will not connect or even recognise its connected. I need to get it back to a virgin state , I'm stumped , any ideas guys.
TIA

depending on what os its using, i have a htc mozart and its a win7 phone so i needed zune to connect it to the pc.

you will find on the htc web site how to do a factory reset too but they are all different so you need the exact htc model name.

depending on what os its using, i have a htc mozart and its a win7 phone so i needed zune to connect it to the pc.

you will find on the htc web site how to do a factory reset too but they are all different so you need the exact htc model name.

Its an android OS ? But I think the customer has put some spurious stuff on it coz it boots something before it gets to the OS ?

Do you need to back-up any data etc? If not then you don't need to connect it to a computer as there is a 'factory data reset' option somewhere in the settings.

Homer.
I've done that and it doesn't seem to get rid of anything

Homer.
I've done that and it doesn't seem to get rid of anything

tbh you havent done a factory default reset then, i have had 3 different smart phones of various makes and each when i have sent back to IT dept they have all had a factory default reset and there is nowt on them then.

most phones have soft reset and hard reset you need to do a hard reset.

i have factory defaulted my htc as i had a blue tooth problem with the car, it was sent back to day 1.

my htc was power off
hold vol up and down and power on

you should get a message to say if you continue all data will be lost and will revert to default up to continue down to chicken out.

but you should check you model as there are many different htc hd phones (touch, desire, 2 etc)

Back