when i goto the channel on my tv, and goto menu-cas - and hit blue button
nothing comes up
looks like there is no caid to be selected

how do i enable this?
the channel can be opened via cardshare but
since i cant get this caid, the channel is not opening

can anyone help me here?

i need to add a caid for one of the channels
can somebody guide me how to add a caid to the tecnomate rceiver?

for example
to watch art on hotbird via cs, we need caid 0500
but on my TM receiver i do not have caid 0500

now how do i add this caid?

please help me

Afaik you dont add caid, its just the number refering to the encryption that is added by the firmware of the unit.
~ caid 0500 means Conditional Access ID(indentification) 0500, of which the 0500 is the number allocated to Viaccess encryption.

I am not sure you can manually add a caid, and i'm not sure why you need to? The technomate firmware has ability to read the channel stream recognise the conditional access and read the CAM (or softcam sometimes) or in this case the network share.

In other words, when your receiver is talking with the server and requesting keys it will set the caid to 0500 automatically because it is requesting the keys for the viaccess encryption stream.

Basically, you need to get your box talking to the share correctly for the channel to clear. Somehow forcing it manually to be set fixed on viaccess only isnt going to make any difference afaik.

thanks for the info.
the server gave me was for viaaccess art on hotbird with caid 0500
but on my tele when i goto channel menu - hit blue
i get caid but it is not 0500
so i thought i had to change the caid on my TM receiver as the caid mentioned in the serve 0500 is not available

Your receiver may show the stream id label for the channel broadcaster, so for instance 020900 refers to 'Globecast' and then the 0500 id refers to the use of viaccess encryption within that broadcasters stream.

This isnt something you can change, the firmware uses this information to do its job correctly.

I would suggest that if your server is giving the caid of 0500 then it usually relates to using cccam protocol, because you need to sometimes set this in dreambox config files when adding clients. The cccam protocol is not supported directly by tm receivers afaik, but maybe it works with wsp sssp software on the pc? Anyway i'm not sure on the windows software method, check your server is working with newcamd or cccam 'language', then that will help. The caid of 0500 will be set once your box and server communicate correctly with each other.

Hope that helps.

ps an interesting list of broadcaster & encryption id's found here- http://www.truman-support.com/tools/ident.info.php (but not relevant to your box not clearing a channel imho)

TM can use cardsharing using wsp and sssp protocol and newcamd
hence i was using the newcamd servers.
i was able to open some adult channels
but when i tried to open art, the caid was different on cardshare server and my TM receiver
so i was confused
not sure how to go about

TM can use cardsharing using wsp and sssp protocol and newcamd
hence i was using the newcamd servers.
i was able to open some adult channels
but when i tried to open art, the caid was different on cardshare server and my TM receiver
so i was confused
not sure how to go about

If the CAID is not showing when you press the blue button either the server isnt working or you are on the wrong port from the server or it just doesnt include that channel/package!!

If you have opened some channels you have proved that the box is communicating with the server. Most servers that open multiple packages will have a different port for each type. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that a good server for say Nova may not work for Art even if they say its supposed to.

Back