How many people still buy originals on the site

Like most on here have said so far , I download everything that I want , but if its good and I get full enjoyment out of it , I will part with my money and go out and buy it .

At the end of the day if you dont support the industry there would be fook all for you to download .

I mean look at pc games on the warez scene , there hasnt been any big titles for a while now , well none that I could be bothered to download lol

Some people are just village idiots and you sir have just joined the club!!!

So you've got a perfectly good copy of something but you decide to go out and buy the original anyway??!!!!!!!!!! That REALLY doesn't make any sense whatsoever!
Support the industry? Out of the last,lets say,10 new cd's you've downloaded,how many of the songs do you actually listen to? 2-3-4 maybe! Still overpriced considering half the songs on a cd are crap and you'll never bother listening to them.
There has been no big PC titles because,if you actually followed the PC scene,this is a notoriously bad time of year for quality releases in the 1st place.
Jan-Feb-and early March are low points for major games publishers,so all is normally quiet then anyway,its got nothing to do warez scene etc.
Whats coming out the end of March? Command & Conquer 3...this will most likely be the biggest grossing game of all time,so don't tell me there are no big titles.
And as for the other comment earlier in another post about mp3 being crap in a hi-fi...are you too stupid to re-encode with a higher bit-rate? Out of hundreds of cd's sold to people,I can tell you now that not one has come back and said anything about that.
I personally don't give a rats arse if you wanna be stupid and waste money on something you already have but don't try to force your misguided opinions on other people.

I personally don't give a rats arse if you wanna be stupid and waste money on something you already have but don't try to force your misguided opinions on other people.

So how am I forcing anything onto anyone ?
I gave my reply to the question , and like everyone on here , they have their own opinions .

It really fookes me off when someone has to flame you ,when they dont agree with a comment to a question.

And as for the mp3 thing , how old is the post your going on about ?
re encode it oh yeah right so im gonna take a crappy 128bit mp3 and make it a 320bit or something , just to get the same quality from it but a much larger file !!!!!!! That would be like getting some crappy 500meg screener and making it into a dvd !!!

Not flaming you mate,just pointing out the flaws in your comments

Probably like most of you out there . If it's good and i want to keep it i will buy the original ... it's good to be able to "test" the goods out first ... which hopefully would force the music and film industries into producing more value for money and quality releases .(In my dreams)
Lingus

yesterday i bought an original DVD for the first time in about 6 years

it was crouching tiger hidden dragon and was £2 from the market lol

I still buy originals if it's something that I want in my collection.

I don't like limewire etc so if there's something I fancy I get music from w*w.mp3stor.com - costs next to nowt and there's loads on there, best and cheapest online music store I've found.

Last edited by a moderator:
noy me try ******* cheap enough not sure if copies or not great quality

Last edited by a moderator:
i download em unless they are for someone for christmas or brthdays then i buy and original. also if its a nice trilogy boxset i will buy it too.

i collect disney dvds so always buy them and cds from my fav bands etc still buy the odd compliation dancy cd as well

If you have errors or missing parts, you can use Quickpar to recover your missing parts and or errors. ( you will obviously need to download the associated par2 files)

i honestly can't remember the last time i bought anything on disc.
i can't see the point if you can get it for free...

but i do like to support good bands and music by going to gigs...

Mubz

i often buy dvd box sets like futurama,simpsons ect
i don't know why but i just like the way box sets look and feel

cheers andy

I D/L only unless there is something I want to add to my HDDVD collection, I know I could d/l those too but a) its too bandwidth intensive, and b) I want to support the format as I have invested in it (OK I did not my firm bought me a laptop with a HDDVD drive in it).

Back