How do I know what version of GT5 I have ?

my backup manager shows the the BLES/BLU ID in the top corner - from that u can tell which version you have.

updates should be ok i think - i've not transfered mine over yet

I did see a thread (on another forum) with the upgrade PKGs on there but at the time I didnt download them and I cant find the thread now ... grrr

Just wondered what the update brings ? I think its version 1.05 ?

I did see a thread (on another forum) with the upgrade PKGs on there but at the time I didnt download them and I cant find the thread now ... grrr

Just wondered what the update brings ? I think its version 1.05 ?

just download awesomeupdatefindr 0.3 mate you put the game id in and it gives you urls to down the update pkg's, also to check the game id you can use ps3win that matches titles to id's, i only started using this the other day its handy or to find out the id you could goto where ever you have installed it and check the folder unless the name as been changed either way ps3win is worth having. But i think its ok to take game updates at the moment through the ps3 ive been taking mine but ive only played blacks ops and saying that gt5.

Last edited:
just download awesomeupdatefindr 0.3 mate you put the game id in and it gives you urls to down the update pkg's, also to check the game id you can use ps3win that matches titles to id's, i only started using this the other day its handy or to find out the id you could goto where ever you have installed it and check the folder unless the name as been changed either way ps3win is worth having. But i think its ok to take game updates at the moment through the ps3 ive been taking mine but ive only played blacks ops and saying that gt5.

Cheers. Will have a go at awesomeupdatefindr. I already have ps3win but havent messed with it yet. Been busy trying to get the basics sorted ;-) For those following the download URL is here ... NzHawk Awesome Update Finder - PSX-SCENE: The oldest and most trusted Playstation Scene Community

Do you know what the latest GT5 update does ? I thought I had read about people having black screens after installing it ... or did I imagine that bit ? So much reading is making my head work.

Last edited:
Cheers. Will have a go at awesomeupdatefindr. I already have ps3win but havent messed with it yet. Been busy trying to get the basics sorted ;-)

Do you know what the latest GT5 update does ? I thought I had read about people having black screens after installing it ... or did I imagine that bit ? So much reading is making my head work.

I took the update, its fine, be prepared to wait a while as it downloads and installs, its a hefty 600 odd meg file :)

it adds quite a lot to the game in terms of online play

personally my main reason for installing it is that from 1.05 you can copy your savefile :)

I got the corrupted game data last night. Had to go into System Restore and do a File Restore on the hard disk and then I could delete it :(

I then applied the 1.05 update this morning and started the game which seemed ok (only a quick test). When I exited the game I noticed that my saved games were still there from the night before. Does it corrupt the saved game or does it just corrupt game data ? I didnt have time to load the game back up to find out before leaving for work this morning.

Also ... I read you can turn the HUD off with this 1.05 release. Can you do that as you are racing or do you have to turn it off in a menu before you race ?

BTW: I could have sworn I could see that blue race line on the road on the way into work this morning ;-)

Thanks.

Back