Honest opinion needed...

depends m8 ,no way Id pay full rates,but painting aint hard so if I really didnt want to do it Id pay but a reasonable amout for there time

TBH I used to do painting and decorating but never had any qualifications to do it. I would rather pay someone to do a job than do it myself just like DD.

I used to charge £50 per room emulsion only. Customer supplied the paint. Didn't like glossing though takes too long.

wullie_b said:
what about a 16 year old advertising with posters in shops LOL

At least he is trying to work!! He may be quite good.

Im thinking of doing it during the summer holdiays. My job choice is limited because I am joining the army in september (hopefully) and all the better jobs are permanent

hmm not sure about that. depends if hes good. I understand him trying to make money. If the painting is good i would pay full asking price.

u have travel problems being 16 and insurance problems as well if u spill paint on someone cat or carpet they can sue u ????

honestly...NO i would rathger do it myslef, thereby saving the money and learning something which may come in handy later.....

honestly if your willing to take the risk of letting someone who has no previous experience loose on your house you might has well do it yourself , you cannot do any worse than them especially considering it is your house and you at least on a sub conscious level want the best for your house!!!

I don't think some posters have noticed that wullie_b himself is the sixteen year old painter here.

I was 16 once, and the best, easiest and quickest way to make money is just go round doors and cut grass, wash cars or just look for a summer job. Im sure alot more people will trust a 16 yer old to cut grass and wash cars than to paint their house anf theres probably a bigger demand for grass cutting in summer.

narabdela said:
I don't think some posters have noticed that wullie_b himself is the sixteen year old painter here.

lol a was thinking the same ther
good luck to ya anyway wullie a hope people see your add and u get a few jobs out of it

Cutting grass is costier though with the price of petrol, and it is harder to push a lawnmower around from door-to-door than carry a paint brush around. And as for washing cars, I tried that once LOL

To be honest, I wouldn't let you paint my house.

There's a lot more call doing garden work than there is painting too. Chances are you'll find next to no work with painting.

A lawn mower doesn't use that much petrol either and there's nothing stopping you using an electric mower but you might need a long extension to do some gardens.

Most people with a garden have a lawnmower and all the tools you need. They just want someone else to use them.

get your parents to lend you £150 (you can pay them back on your 1st day) and get one of these, a bucket, a rag and a squegee.

go along all the main roads and wash the front windows of peoples houses (3 windows for a fiver) if they want the back ones done as well its £20

i guarantee youll make a fortune m8

i did this when i was 15 (b4 these ladders were invented) and always had money, loads of the stuff :proud:

Back