homebrew beer

chrisyorks13

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello I have just started my homebrew wine, I will try a coopers lager next then woodfordes wherry then woodfordes great eastern. I found this forum http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=4
I am not a member there but lots of info and enthusiasts. Probably wont be long before I join. Anyone got an interest in this subject? Also does any one close to me have any grolsch type bottles I could have cheap, preferably free? I live in "cringe"( been in news too much, for the wrong reasons) Dewsbury.

Oh by the way this is NOT an invite for p*ssup at christmas at my house.:Cheers:

Gr8 to find someone still at the brewing.

Was an aficianado some decades ago, I knew my way round GB by breweries and CAMRA pubs, but eventually fell by the wayside. (No not too much homebrew,honest!)

Now that we are inundated by bland global eurocr*p lagers (instead of the real thing) I am quite drawn to getting back simpler ways. Oh to be back under German brewing laws again....mmmmmm

The sun is shining alittle brighter already!

I drink about 10 bottles of wine a week and thought about making my own, that was ages ago.

Think I might actually do it this time, I quite fancy making some ginger wine. Have no idea where to start so will visit that forum for some advice, cheers matey.

EDIT:
My 1,000th post, trust it to be about alcohol, lol.

theres info on ginger beer and ginger stout so maybe a search might find info or joining and asking.

My dad used to brew his own wine, but be warned if you don't do it right you can either get a really soar belly or a very sore head.

I remember after one of my dads famous garden parties half the street was not seen for 2 days !! lol

Craft Brewing is one of my hobbies:)

I used the kits once or twice then progressed to the full mash home brew:)

There is as great shop in Leyland where you can buy ALL the fresh ingredients. Hops, Grain and live yeast.

The house smells great after a day of brewing:)

I'm a member of that forum. Good forum, great bunch of people and very n00b friendly. Coopers kits come out very nice. Instead of using sugar though try spray malt or if you can't get any use the beer enhance from Wilko's.

Hello I have just started my homebrew wine, I will try a coopers lager next then woodfordes wherry then woodfordes great eastern. I found this forum http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=4
I am not a member there but lots of info and enthusiasts. Probably wont be long before I join. Anyone got an interest in this subject? Also does any one close to me have any grolsch type bottles I could have cheap, preferably free? I live in "cringe"( been in news too much, for the wrong reasons) Dewsbury.

Oh by the way this is NOT an invite for p*ssup at christmas at my house.:Cheers:

my brother in law made the wherry kit and it was excellent tho it costs about £15 :Cheers:

The woodfordes are around £15 at most places. These are the two tin kits and better quality, apparently the beer enhancer or spray malt can make cheap kits rather nice. Wilkinsons have wherry @ £14.99 and coopers @ £8.29 kits and also stock a beer enhancer @ £3.29. Ebay has some different spray malts at around £5 and wherry from £18.50 delivered. Can I wait long enough for them to mature?:Cheers:, thats the question.

Back