Home Streaming Guide

Rumpelstiltskin.

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Home Streaming Guide;

How to Stream from your PC to the Spiderbox HD...

a4x7w7.jpg

346nlag.jpg

1tmnma.jpg

2ho8w85.jpg

243jlhc.jpg

Im having problems with this as i have set up as tut and when i press fn1 it loads media but when i ok on a movie it says please wait to load file - then says this file will be supported later and comes on for about half a second then back to list of movies - the homestream prog says when i access a movie streaming then idle back and forth also i get a message - unauthenticate home stream but loads when i ok. I have avg av on and allowed program as ok and also in windows firewall - and im on win 7 using laptop with wireless - and vm 30meg wireless router - whats wrong?

unauthenticate home stream this message always shows so ignore.
Spiderbox cannot play all media as not all avis use the same codecs.
It is hit and miss with some especially hd avi.
Try another avi and should be ok.
I have approx 200 avi on hdd and only 2 have failed to play.

yeah likewise ive got hundreds on other media but as a test ive used a folder with about 30 stored and all are avi not mpeg4 or mkv and all play on everything else but fail with this

Thank you. Works for me, avi plays fine . A very useful file.Cheers little mike.

do i do the same as the photos u have set up mate im new to this

Hi all can anybody explain this ive set up my homestreaming and watched a avi film via it but now a few days later when i went to my friend how it works the file dont show up it says connect to 198.###.#.# nothing has been changed but nothing shows up ???

Hi all can anybody explain this ive set up my homestreaming and watched a avi film via it but now a few days later when i went to my friend how it works the file dont show up it says connect to 198.###.#.# nothing has been changed but nothing shows up ???

I'm guessing here ok.makesu're your box in network has a fixed ip.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I'm guessing here ok.makesu're your box in network has a fixed ip.

Thanks for the replay but not sure what you mean by makesu're your box in network has a fixed ip.

in your network of your spiderbox you should have an option of making your spiderbox static.that means it keeps a static address so you can connect.

in your network of your spiderbox you should have an option of making your spiderbox static.that means it keeps a static address so you can connect.

I think i know what you mean now, it's is set to auto , is that the correct setting for the box ?

Right ive got the files (films) to show on the spiderbox but now its saying ( this file will be supported later ) any idea were am going wrong

there is prob only certain files the spiderbox plays.I have a spider upstairs which I rarely use.you could maybe try updating it to a diff patch.

Back