Help with braking down in bedroom

tottenhamboys

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Right guys need help I've got 2 boxes one dream box 800 and one blade box in bedroom the dream box works fine as it hard wired but the blade keeps breaking down I've got two routers one g rang netgear and one belkin n+ rang used both and still the sme out come so went out and got myself Homeplugs but not on same ring main they don't work was thinking bout moving modem but then I'll be down to the same issue ie this time on the dream don't know if it's single iusse wifi bridge was looking at buying this but need head up first Would get it with network adapter so it's all the same would the blade work ok with adapter £130 seems a lot but if it solved my issue it's worth it look forward to your thoughts guys

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-N900-Wireless-Gigabit-Router/dp/B005UGRF16

FFS I thought you were having a "Gery Springer" moment there going by the title lol

Is running a between the Blade and the router an option? Alternatively run a cable between router and a socket on the same ring main as the Blade (to allow use of home plug)?

Is running a between the Blade and the router an option? Alternatively run a cable between router and a socket on the same ring main as the Blade (to allow use of home plug)?

No m8 blade in bedroom works ok if I run cable from down to up

Stick to wired if you can.

Is issue that you do not have enough ports on one router?

Yes.

Wifi bridge means two "routers" are connected over wifi. Hence the term bridge. You are better off linking the two routers together using the network cable as this is better. You will need to disable DHCP server so that only one router assigns the IPs. I'm not conversant with this aspect, however Dibbers did a tutorial on this.

Yes.

Wifi bridge means two "routers" are connected over wifi. Hence the term bridge. You are better off linking the two routers together using the network cable as this is better. You will need to disable DHCP server so that only one router assigns the IPs. I'm not conversant with this aspect, however Dibbers did a tutorial on this.

I'm using Vonets VAP11G WIFI Bridge on my blade and netgear router in front room didn't know I could open ports can anyone help me with this

Little wonder... You need to power the vonets VAP11G WIFI Bridge independently with the same kind of power adapter that the dreambox uses and your vonets VAP11G WIFI Bridge will become reliable 100%. ou may use any 12V power supply from an old router or modem. Let us know how you fare.

Back