HELP tm5402

nitram0

Inactive User
Reaction score
cannot understand why when in server list it says active but also says disconnected
can someone help

Active needs to say ON and Status CONNECTED
If Active is ON and status switches between Connected and disconnected you either have a bad line or 2 poeple are using at the same time.

what is happening is that server is active but is always disconnected in status

Have you tried to reinstall the cam? Check that it's set to C or N as appropriate, if an N line use Newcam.

To do this press ip button on remote - scroll to protocol-press ok and option NEWCAMD or CCCAM will appear select either one.
If it has been loaded using usb press IP the 8281 if entered manually 0000 willd o.

Active needs to say ON and Status CONNECTED
If Active is ON and status switches between Connected and disconnected you either have a bad line or 2 poeple are using at the same time.

hi manic understand what your saying but done ping test to server all is ok
says it is active ON but it still saying disconnected in STATUS settings

To do this press ip button on remote - scroll to protocol-press ok and option NEWCAMD or CCCAM will appear select either one.
If it has been loaded using usb press IP the 8281 if entered manually 0000 willd o.

Mate, just as a matter of interest - do we have to load an 'original' firmware version of the latest patch (135P or 109P) when loading the latest firmware?
Also do we still have to load the Add-on for the TM5402HD after the patch, to enable the 8281 option, as we did for the TM6900HD Super please?Also does the latest Channel List (cndf file) as backed up on the TM6900HD Super also work ok on the TM5402HD?
Regards:Hit:

The status "ON" Means : I want to use this C-LINE or NEWCAMD-LINE
It does not mean it will work
The line can only work if the correct settings are put. You need recheck the settings. Pinging the server won't help and will piss off the Administrator of that server.
If it ain't connecting, more things are possible but mostly it is that y'r ip-settings are not ok and/or that yr line settings are not ok.
If this is all 2 complicated you need to go reading and try out. We are here to help but we can't know yr setup at home nor do we give support for Clines Newcamd lines.
You can always ask the admin of that given server 4 help in order to get "line" settings right.

Mate, just as a matter of interest - do we have to load an 'original' firmware version of the latest patch (135P or 109P) when loading the latest firmware?
Also do we still have to load the Add-on for the TM5402HD after the patch, to enable the 8281 option, as we did for the TM6900HD Super please?Also does the latest Channel List (cndf file) as backed up on the TM6900HD Super also work ok on the TM5402HD?

Just load latest patch, then add on.

Thanks mate, so its NOT necessary to:
Factory Reset
Load patch
Factory Reset
Load Add-on (same one as TM6900HD Super?)
Reload latest Channel List (same one from last one backed up on TM6900HD Super compatible?)

Plus just realised I'm sorry if hijacked thread you guys - but thought this MIGHT be relevant too?

Asi t should be a virgin box shouldnt need to.
But I would factory reset to be on safe side.
Channel list not sure as it has terrestrial as well?
No reason you cant try, or edit it using editor.
I actually think I may of used your list somewhere along the line for testing and worked ok.

So it may be worth trying 6900 last cndf channel list - and if it works ok dumps thereafter will/maybe be minus terrestrial content anyway!
Reports say CS Link 23.5E softcam still not working with patches 135P/109P, so STILL not totally out of the woods?
Think my 'virgin' 5402 will be an M2 - but wont be deffo until Thursday when I actually GET it! lol!!

@holmroad.

107p will give you 23.5 East, on M2.

However you will loose Tnt Sat what is left or open given some changes to keys??

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh Phantom/TM does make all this complicated eh - so I suppose the question is 'which' patch is the BEST, regardless of softcam success mate?:Hit:

Back