Help recording to hdd - mount

ruddyrum

Inactive User
Reaction score
I cannot record anything from my dream box, as i get the following error: "Record failed due to an write error during recording. Check for file system corruption"

I have setup network mounts exactly as instructed in many tutorials and other threads, but i still recieve this error. I am using CIFS as aparently it is the easiest method to record onto a network drive. funny thing is, that if i go to the file menu, i can see all the programmes i have tried recording. If i put an mp3 or movie into my mount, i can stream it onto my dreambox!!!

Any suggestions?

Edit: oh yeah, in the Enigma web interface, i can also see my HDD size and remaining recording time! I am also using vista, but i have tried mounting another hdd on my network on an xp machine which receives the same error!

Last edited:
i think the hard drive is dodgy m8
Lol... doubt my raptor is dodgey!!!

Anywayz, finally got it working... in a window e.g. my computer go to tools -> folder options -> view and de-select 'use sharing wizard'

then when you share you dreambox/movie folder go to 'advanced sharing' here you can name the share, and set the permissions. you cannot just set user permissions in the security tab, you have to set it as described above in the permissions tab! Stupid vista!!!

Hope this helps some vista users... took me ages to finally figure it out - i must say that the dreambox is AWESOME with all of its functionality! :banana:

Back