HELP PLEASE - PWS:Win32/Fignotok.A Trojan , CAN ANYONE GET RID OF THIS FOR ME !!

ttony

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

ok i have got this Trojan on my computer and been trying for ages to get rid of it , but cant !!

if anyone can get rid of this i would gladly donate to the forum, can some one please help .

it seems easy enough to get rid of but i cant seem to find the things in the registry to delete .

i read this - how to get rid of it .

1.To stop all PWS:Win32/Fignotok.A processes, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Windows Task Manager.
2.Click on the “Processes” tab, search for PWS:Win32/Fignotok.A, then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
3.Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK.”
4.Once the Registry Editor is open, search for the registry key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PWS:Win32/Fignotok.A.” Right-click this registry key and select “Delete.”
5.Navigate to directory %PROGRAM_FILES%\PWS:Win32/Fignotok.A\PWS:Win32/Fignotok.A.exe and delete PWS:Win32/Fignotok.A.exe manually.

please if you can pm me and i would let you take control of my pc through MSN .

THANX

Re: HELP PLEASE - PWS:Win32/Fignotok.A Trojan , CAN ANYONE GET RID OF THIS FOR ME !

Hi

ok i have got this Trojan on my computer and been trying for ages to get rid of it , but cant !!

if anyone can get rid of this i would gladly donate to the forum, can some one please help .

it seems easy enough to get rid of but i cant seem to find the things in the registry to delete .

i read this - how to get rid of it .

1.To stop all PWS:Win32/Fignotok.A processes, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Windows Task Manager.
2.Click on the “Processes” tab, search for PWS:Win32/Fignotok.A, then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
3.Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK.”
4.Once the Registry Editor is open, search for the registry key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PWS:Win32/Fignotok.A.” Right-click this registry key and select “Delete.”
5.Navigate to directory %PROGRAM_FILES%\PWS:Win32/Fignotok.A\PWS:Win32/Fignotok.A.exe and delete PWS:Win32/Fignotok.A.exe manually.

please if you can pm me and i would let you take control of my pc through MSN .

THANX

have you tried the instructions above? it may be safer to try that 1st before letting someone you dont know to access your pc remotely, try running m bytes Malwarebytes this may get rid of the trojan

Re: HELP PLEASE - PWS:Win32/Fignotok.A Trojan , CAN ANYONE GET RID OF THIS FOR ME !

Scan it in safe mode using malwarebytes m8

have u ran any malware scans? Those instructions look incomplete, if u don't know what you're doing in the registry - DO NOWT.

if you haven't already;

1) Download/install Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free Download and Reviews - Fileforum

2) Install it and update it

3) Turn off system restore

4) Reboot PC, after BIOS screen press F8 and select 'Safe Mode'

5) Login, run Malwarebytes, FULL SCAN, let it finish, remove what it finds, reboot.

6) Re-enable system restore if u want.

atleast you'll know it's gone.

yes i tried malwarebytes it didnt remove it , i run security essencials on my computer that deletes it but when i turn my computer on its back there again, im at my wits end , and i do trust people on the forum.

otherwise its a trip to the computer shop ..

Turn off system restore - reboot in safe mode THEN Scan.

Failing that, create another account, login with that, delete the infected one.

i havent ran it in safemode i will try what you said manofscience and let you know how i get on , thanx for the reply mate :Clap:

Rather than go to the directory mentioned for Fignotok in the registry, from the root of the registry, After doing a back up of the registry, do a search for Fignotok in the registry, delete every occorance. It is not going to be just in one place in the registry, I find all program, have several registry items, If you not sure about some of the entries, write them down and post hewre, I am sure lots will be able to tell you if its safe. Or if you in NE england, Let me know, I may be able to call round

Scan it in safe mode using malwarebytes m8

have u ran any malware scans? Those instructions look incomplete, if u don't know what you're doing in the registry - DO NOWT.

if you haven't already;

1) Download/install Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free Download and Reviews - Fileforum

2) Install it and update it

3) Turn off system restore

4) Reboot PC, after BIOS screen press F8 and select 'Safe Mode'

5) Login, run Malwarebytes, FULL SCAN, let it finish, remove what it finds, reboot.

6) Re-enable system restore if u want.

atleast you'll know it's gone.

As above but you have to run in safe mode other wise it will just keep coming back.

try running this.

I had one in my MBR master boot record and this sorted it.

thanx mate will try that tomorrow , out for a few beers tonight , thanx to those who posted thoe its very much appreciated .

i will let you know how i get on tomorrow ..

you can do a system recovery mate and it puts your PC back to factory settings..but be aware you will lose all your files and stuff you have on your PC it takes your PC back to when you first took it out the box..Ive had to do that a couple of times with antivirus 2011 infection i could not get rid of.its the last resort but if everything else fails its worth doing it and saves you money putting the PC into a shop for repair

you can do a system recovery mate and it puts your PC back to factory settings..but be aware you will lose all your files and stuff you have on your PC it takes your PC back to when you first took it out the box..Ive had to do that a couple of times with antivirus 2011 infection i could not get rid of.its the last resort but if everything else fails its worth doing it and saves you money putting the PC into a shop for repair

yer good old system restore....lets hos the trojan hasent disabled that!

if youv done a virus scan in safe mode with system restore off and it hasnt found any thing but you know somethings still not right, try installing different antivirus program
download the antivirus setup file then disconect from the internet then uninstall the 1 you have running, update it an scan, if nothing found its prob a rootkit you have, try the program Rab-P posted iv had to use before an was a godsend, or simply backup your files an wipe it with restore discs, alot less hastle

first all many thanx for all the replys

big thanx goes to dogtoffee:Clap::Clap::Clap:

i done like you said - ran malwarebytes in safe mode

and now im virus free again !!!!

Nice one m8 glad you are sorted.

I have the same virus, but Malwarebytes doesn't pick it up - only Microsoft Security essentials did. I removed it once and it came back so I went on safe mode like it says to in this thread. Malwarebytes still didn't pick it up and now I'm trying again with MSE. Will MSE remove it completely too if I use it on safe mode?

Back