help needed for vu solo2 se please

stephen761

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello,
i am new to this forum and i just got my vu solo2 se box in. im totally lost as to what to do. i flashed an image from vu-hd website but i cant get any of the plugins to work, such as ondemand, bouquets etc.... Is there any image i could use such as a backup image for sly uk and the plugins?. any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you,

stephen.

hello,
i am new to this forum and i just got my vu solo2 se box in. im totally lost as to what to do. i flashed an image from vu-hd website but i cant get any of the plugins to work, such as ondemand, bouquets etc.... Is there any image i could use such as a backup image for sly uk and the plugins?. any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you,

stephen.

Not seen many backup images if any for the this SE.

What image have you installed ? Tell us and maybe we can help you get some of these plugins working.

Rats updater will give you bouquets for 28e.

hi,
i have openvix apollo 029. cant get any of the plugins because when i goto download plugins it says feeds down for maintenance. could i use a solo2 clone safe backup on this box?
thanks,

They Take the same images as solo 2..you just need to be on your toes and make sure you use clone safe images..
There is a site,search
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
There has been a problem with the Vix server lately so it may have been down at the time you were trying to download plugins.

Last edited:
I believe the feeds have been disabled for any Vix less than 32.

If you're confident enough to telnet in and init 4 and ftp feed files from here and then telnet init 6 then that should solve you're no feeds problem.

the vix image plugins and feeds are all screwed up tonight as the ocram picon feeds are down, you need to FTP into the receiver, locate the ocram feed file in etc/opkg and erase it, then via telnet issue the command

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

this will only work though if you have a non clone receiver, with an image less than a week old (around apollo 35-37 i think)

thats one of the good things about an image thats updated every few hours, itll always go wrong at some point lol ;)

(my Duo ran on vix 2.0 for years, it was fine for watching the telly on ;) )

yes my box is a clone. still no luck with the plugins yet. starting to think this would have been a lot easier with an original box lol

yes my box is a clone. still no luck with the plugins yet. starting to think this would have been a lot easier with an original box lol
I read you need vix 32+ for feeds to work. You can do it manually as I said in my previous post but it depends on how confident are you at using telnet and FTP?

Just google for the plugins you need, download the ipk files transfer to the box then install within software management on the box.

thanks for everyones help. i did alot of searching on the net and ive finally got my box the way i want it. does everything the solo2 original does,
thanks

Back