WiFi help needed (bt wifinity)

chaseruk

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys,
the campsite where we have our caravan has bt wifinity.
Its pay as you go or pay per week/per month etc.
now if you pay just the basic rate,you get 4meg download speed with just 1 device and you have to give the mac address of the device.
My question is....is it possible to use a router as the 1 device and then let other devices connect through the router?
If so,what kind of router (if any)is capable of recieving a wifi signal,and then transmitting the signal to other devices ?
or would it work 1 router reciving the signal and another connected to a lan port for the wifi ?

lol...sorry for all the questions

I,don't know if it's relevant to your situation, but mine is sort of similar. I have a 4G wireless router and, as it was supplied by the ISP, it's firmware has been modified to allow only 10 connections. Well 10 might sound a lot, but with 2 or 3 mobiles, a tablet, 3 work PC's, 2 personal lappys and a STB or two... you get the drift. So I got a range extender to pick up the wifi signal from the 4G router and, via its LAN socket (connected to a normal wireless router) connected all the other devices. The 4G router now only 'sees' one device (the RE) and I can run as many devices as I like.

hi guys,
the campsite where we have our caravan has bt wifinity.
Its pay as you go or pay per week/per month etc.
now if you pay just the basic rate,you get 4meg download speed with just 1 device and you have to give the mac address of the device.
My question is....is it possible to use a router as the 1 device and then let other devices connect through the router?
If so,what kind of router (if any)is capable of recieving a wifi signal,and then transmitting the signal to other devices ?
or would it work 1 router reciving the signal and another connected to a lan port for the wifi ?

lol...sorry for all the questions

Not sure what you're using but tethering springs to mind as a simpler option?

already tried that...can't even get a 3g signal where we are.
tried vodafone,3 and orange.all say the area is covered by 3g but we must be in a blind spot.
Might give the range extender a shot...worth a try.

if you connect your pc to the paid for WIFI and then make it into a "HOT SPOT" it will then be able to transmit a wifi signal to other devices than will connect via your laptop

when i was in my student days i would use my pc as the router, i did this by turning my phone into a hotspot, i would also then tick the option to share internet connection and connect to my xbox worked ace, this was even before the days of 4g though

Tried tethering/hotspots? might work Could possible connect Router > PC >Tether to Router > Devices? not sure if that would work never tried it.

I had the same problem with wifinity and only 2 registered MAC addresses at any one time. It wasnt the best option but I used to spoof the MAC addresses of my other devices. But again, I could still only use 2 devices at any one time. Tethering deffo helped out there.

it only works if you get other devices to use the connected pc as a proxy server,

Back