Help Naslite and UK 1.6 Updated Recording

_Phat_

Inactive User
Reaction score
This recording lark is really driving me potty someone please help.

I am currently running an old tuner DM500C with the Digitalworldz UK 1.6 updated image and trying to record to a remote PC which is running Naslite 2 CDD. (PC spec Intel Celeron 700@950mhz, 512 ram, 80gig HD)

I have set the mount up using the web interface thus:

Every time I try to record i get "Record failed due to inaccessable storage" this puzzles me as I can see and play mp3's which are on the NAS server and also play VOB's (no sound tho) using the file mode on the DM500C.

I have tried Diorj.06, UK05 ,neutrino dream plus ultra 0.9b and others all produce similar results.
I have also tried a shared folder on one of my other PC's (XP Pro) same again :(

From the web interface of Naslite I can see the DM500 is talking to the box but won't record to it:

All this runs over my hardwired network:
SMC Barricade router feeding a cheap ebuyer 8 port switch into an old Netgear 4 port hub.

Any clues as to what I must be doing wrong would be very gratefully recieved before I pull out what bit of hair I have left

Last edited:
m8 Im in the same boat. Can play mp3 ect tried another pc ect.still no joy

I have triedloads of images:(

The only thing i have not tried yet is setting up another user account within windows xp and trying to mount that. Its so frusttarting m8... Sorry I can't give you any advice:(

Edit

tried another user account and the same message "Record failed due to inaccessable storage"

What's sofrustrating is i recorded a program on my dbox ages ago and placed it in my hdd/movies folder (on my PC)... This plays back 100% on my dreambox .I just can't record to the folder... bloody thing...lol

Last edited:
This recording lark is really driving me potty someone please help.

I am currently running an old tuner DM500C with the Digitalworldz UK 1.6 updated image and trying to record to a remote PC which is running Naslite 2 CDD. (PC spec Intel Celeron 700@950mhz, 512 ram, 80gig HD)

I have set the mount up using the web interface thus:

Every time I try to record i get "Record failed due to inaccessable storage" this puzzles me as I can see and play mp3's which are on the NAS server and also play VOB's (no sound tho) using the file mode on the DM500C.

I have tried Diorj.06, UK05 ,neutrino dream plus ultra 0.9b and others all produce similar results.
I have also tried a shared folder on one of my other PC's (XP Pro) same again :(

From the web interface of Naslite I can see the DM500 is talking to the box but won't record to it:

All this runs over my hardwired network:
SMC Barricade router feeding a cheap ebuyer 8 port switch into an old Netgear 4 port hub.

Any clues as to what I must be doing wrong would be very gratefully recieved before I pull out what bit of hair I have left

set your mount point to /hdd/movie and it will record

cheers

osborne82

I always use file type 1 (cifs)
as osbourne says /hdd/movie

set your mount point to /hdd/movie and it will record

cheers

osborne82

I could have sworn on a stack of bibles six feet tall I had already tried this not once but several times, just tried it again now and bugger me it's working.

Thanks Osborn :D

Back