help in Manchester area

new I'd forget some thing, can I give you a bell if I'm passing?

Heli2510

ps how much are r4 for the ds going for?

Sorry for hijacking this thread but these problems sound very similar to mine. Games play intermittentantly. Sometimes they will work for a couple of minutes, other times a couple of hours. I have a wiikey fitted and have updated to 1.9s, (I ran the test and the update).

My wii was purchased from a German site called Konsole Enprofis just before Christmas, its still under warranty but will be a pain to send it back. Could I ask what the problem was with helis wii and is it sorted now.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Highlander said it was a combination of things.

Crap media being used and a poor installation - the wire used to install the modchip was thinner than a hair strand.

The Wii was a dremmel job, but the installer never dremmeled the chip. He soldered to the 0.0001mm of tip of tin showing through chip on board to solder to, which is why his wire was so fine.

wii being a problem again,
it's been re-chipped, by an expert ,its had original game WII fit put in it and it won't load.
several power downs and resets and the same original game goes in and plays!!!!!!!!
i bought some new ritek discs and re-burned some backup discs which
would'nt load and the the new disc's didn't load either!!!!
A few more resets and the backup of beach sports loaded and played.

Any suggestions........ Highlander .

heli2510.

wii being a problem again,
it's been re-chipped, by an expert ,its had original game WII fit put in it and it won't load.
several power downs and resets and the same original game goes in and plays!!!!!!!!
i bought some new ritek discs and re-burned some backup discs which
would'nt load and the the new disc's didn't load either!!!!
A few more resets and the backup of beach sports loaded and played.

Any suggestions........ Highlander .

heli2510.

Did the backup games that Highlander supplied work ok? Or do you get the same problem with these?

It could be an issue with your burner rather than the Wii or media

could be the laser pot needs adjusting if backups are not working as they are harder for the laser to read than originals.

I got a list off highlander but i didn't get any games/discs.
When it played up whilst at Highlander's having the chip rewired it wouldn't play his discs either.

How do you adjust the laser.....

heli2510

the wii was selective of media.

after the rewire it played all ritek games perfect, but the aones was hit and miss.

wii man
have you had good results after the tweak of the laser poti?
My wii seems to have a mind of its own, and can play a disc one day but not the next.

Heli 2510

I have had good results with wii's that struggle to read dual layer discs, i haven't had to adjust the pot on a wii to get it to read original single layer discs. This could also be caused by a cold joint, or the motor maybe failing.

Back