Hello everyone.

evan_almighty

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I just received my Openbox s9 hd pvr box and so far so good.
I didn't have a clue at first.

First problem I had was with the image settings, as I was getting a strange colour until I switched to RGB. Is this normal?

Next was finding channels, but after a quick scan on 28 I found most of what I wanted. It does seem painful though manually selecting these in the channels list and adding them to favourite groups. But I think I've got the ones I wanted now. And all is good.

The EPG thing is very poor though as only shows me what is currently on and what is directly on next. Is there any way to improve that?

One other problem I have is the network setup, I can't get it to pick up a dhcp address from my linux server from a known/tested working cable. Is there another way of activating it that I'm missing?

Next on my list is the firmware. How do I find out what the current version loaded is? I've just downloaded the latest from the stickies and was wondering if I need to update yet?

Is there a way of saving the hard work I've done on the channels, so I don't lose it when performing upgrades?

OK and as I'm a complete noob, I'm interested in gettinc cccam working and a cline from somewhere! Can anyone helo with this?

Many thanks and look forward to any tips anyone can throw at me.

Must say for the price it's an excellent box though. HD is brilliant! ;-)

Back