Helicopter Glasgow pub crash

unconfirmed reports say its a police helicopter

3 confirmed dead and over 30 injured, the 3 dead are most likely to be the helicopter crew which consisted of 2 police officers and a civilian pilot.
A sad site to see, but there are many reports coming back of a great spirit of helping out to rescue people.
My thoughts go out to the families of those who died and the families of those who still have not heard from relatives who may have been in the pub.

I fear the news is going to get blacker :(
R.I.P. The poor victims and God bless their bereaved families.

shocking my thoughts go to all that suffer the aftermath of this tragic accident

not a good start to St ,Andrews day for us scots folk

Absolutely dreadful. If only 3 are dead that's a merical compared to what it could have been!

Fair play to the legends running towards the crash and helping out - respect.

My heart goes out to all involved, a terrible accident

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

Reports are now saying 6 deaths, but it could rise in the coming hours. :( :(

What a terrible tragedy, my heart goes out to all the family of the deceased and everyone else involved. :(

Been past the pub loads of times during my driving career and a few yards either way it would have ended up in the River Clyde or a block of flats. RIP to the people killed and hope to the survivors.

Having listened to some reports on the TV it has said there was a spluttering sound as the helicopter fell and I am sure on one report someone said there had not been an explosion because the fuel had been switched off and isolated.
This makes me wonder if there has been a major malfunction and the pilot has tried to drop the helicopter into the Clyde and then isolated the fuel to minimise the risk of an explosion on impact ?
This is sheer speculation, but I am sure once the black box has been recovered and examined there will be some explaination similar to this.

I hope they have grounded all the police helicopters until they find out what happened.

Having listened to some reports on the TV it has said there was a spluttering sound as the helicopter fell and I am sure on one report someone said there had not been an explosion because the fuel had been switched off and isolated.
This makes me wonder if there has been a major malfunction and the pilot has tried to drop the helicopter into the Clyde and then isolated the fuel to minimise the risk of an explosion on impact ?
This is sheer speculation, but I am sure once the black box has been recovered and examined there will be some explaination similar to this.

watching last night mate and they were interviewing an RAF pilot via phone, and your absolutely spot on...he was saying as a helicopter flies so low the pilot has very little time to react, unlike the pilot of a 747 whose engines failed at 35 thousand feet and he managed to glide the aeroplane to a safe landing......both very heroic....

R.I.P. and thoughts to all affected..

I hope they have grounded all the police helicopters until they find out what happened.

I bet they do, it will be Christmas come early for all the twocers tonight.

R.i.p to the people who passed

Not only Police helicopters, but all of that type of helicopter until they find out what the fault was.

I understand the sentiment but not the logic - helicopters are complex machines. The fact a rotor was extracted almost intact suggests an unusual problem. Helicopter pilots have to pass 'auto-rotation' landings, this one, apparently plummeted?

I understand the sentiment but not the logic - helicopters are complex machines. The fact a rotor was extracted almost intact suggests an unusual problem. Helicopter pilots have to pass 'auto-rotation' landings, this one, apparently plummeted?

they do, but if it was flying very low it might have been difficult to react in time.

they do, but if it was flying very low it might have been difficult to react in time.

My point was, even if it was as low as almost on the building the rotors should have been moving. It appears they were not otherwise they'd have smashed on impact. It's as well to wait for more evidence before grounding an aircraft that is a mainstay of emergency services surely?

Back