HD and Forumla 1

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is no one showing F1 in HD

Le Mans 24 hours and Formula 2 is shown in HD on Eurosport but the pinnacle of motor sport is only shown id SD

Good question.
I was staying with one of my mates last night and had a few jars.
Today his telly goes on the blink so we fired up the pc and went to bbc i player.
The race was not even being streamed live!!!
Wtf is that all about???

exactly , all circuits would have to get ALL their camera upgraded to HD cameras at great expense

Today his telly goes on the blink so we fired up the pc and went to bbc i player.
The race was not even being streamed live!!!
Wtf is that all about???

Didnt thnk the iPlayer done live feeds m8, i thought it was purley on-demand stuff hence why you dont require a Tv license to watch it as it only cover the ability to recive the live signal strem.

Well it was my understanding of it but i could be wrong, maybe someone could clarify.

Its streamed live on bbc co uk/f1 but not on iplayer. You were just looking in the wrong place.
The pinnacle of racing is free to watch all over the world. Other forms of racing are limited to select viewers with access to subscription tv. Subscription television broacasters have more money to invest in HD technology, which is why they are sometimes quicker to convert to future technologies. Therefore, live events that are kept free-to-air will often lose out on quality to live events that are shown on subscription basis.

Its streamed live on bbc co uk/f1 but not on iplayer. You were just looking in the wrong place.
The pinnacle of racing is free to watch all over the world. Other forms of racing are limited to select viewers with access to subscription tv. Subscription television broacasters have more money to invest in HD technology, which is why they are sometimes quicker to convert to future technologies. Therefore, live events that are kept free-to-air will often lose out on quality to live events that are shown on subscription basis.

good valids points

I was just channel hoping and noticed all these motor sports on Eurosport HD and wondered why not F1 but anyway that clears it up

Thanks

Thanks for clearing that up mate.
Will know where to go next time.
:Cheers:

Back