Sensible Topic Hayfever - Anyone else DYING !!!!

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

When i get i i get it BAD, been stuck in for over a week now, popping Loritadine/Certrazide tabs like smarties, got hayfever eyedrops (Chloramphenicol), plus some nose spray (Fluxonase off a mate/green top) fook knows what it's for...

Anyone else suffering BADLY !!!

Going get some pirition later, same as these - Boots Allergy Relief 4mg tablets Chlorphenamine Maleate - 60 tablets (6 years +) - Boots

Hopefully a cold bevvy or ten will help !!!!

I feel sorry for hayfever sufferers, all this nice weather and they can't enjoy it because of high pollen..🙄

I've just been outside, made it 10 mins to shop, back in windows closed, fookin nightmare. Can't wait until it get's dark and goto bed some shape with tissue paper up my nose...ha ha

Aaahhhhh you poor peeps...really feel for you guys..never mind gotta rain soon..could do with some, all the grass in me garden is dying..

I sometimes get it bad :(. I think it has changed into perennial allergic rhinitis or whatever it is because I've got something wrong with my sinuses all the time. I use the Galpharm oxymetazoline nose unblocker otherwise I'll be waking up all the time breathing through my mouth.

I woke up a couple of weeks ago and sneezed 25 times in a row, still not beat my record of 37 when I was about ten though.

Grass pollen does me but lucky enough the dry weather has stopped it growing so no grass cutting going on so low grass pollen levels :)

I sometimes get it bad :(. I think it has changed into perennial allergic rhinitis or whatever it is because I've got something wrong with my sinuses all the time. I use the Galpharm oxymetazoline nose unblocker otherwise I'll be waking up all the time breathing through my mouth.

I woke up a couple of weeks ago and sneezed 25 times in a row, still not beat my record of 37 when I was about ten though.
Me too!

I will been using this recently...
Sterimar Hygiene Nasal Spray -... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001EJOHUA?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Me too!

I will been using this recently...
Sterimar Hygiene Nasal Spray -... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001EJOHUA?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

I think I tried something similar (a saline nostril spray). Ah, I have a Nasofed one on my desk! I've had better results with the Oxymetazoline ones though, the effect is longer for me.

I've used some pseudoephidrine based tablets a friend brought back from Turkey. They are huge. The nose sprays like Sudofed do work for me but the effects are short lived.

Ive found if I use medication based ones, I get a sore nose.
I have tried one with spearmint oil in it, that works but feck me it stings like ferk!!

Fortunately, I've not had it as bad this year, despite the really good weather. Tree pollen doesn't affect me, it's the grass pollen. Thought I'd get floored this summer, but at worst, itchy eyes and a runny nose with moderate sneezing. One year it was so bad that I had rubbed my eyes that much that it looked as if I'd been in a fight! Both eyes swollen to the point they were shut! I've been using Tescos own antihistamines and they seem to ward off most of the effects of hayfever for me, at a fraction of the cost of Piriton. Still get the occasional itchy eyes, but (touch wood!) they seem to work for me, and I cycle into work so I'm exposed to the pollen.

Mine has been friggin horrendous today!

Alternating heat and rain makes it the worst for me.

Been toying with the idea of buying, or making, an electrostatic precipitator for in the house. I'm not sure they are available off the shelf but a Cockroft-Walton multiplier and HV transformer are easy enough.

There has been no rain here. I know the rain just throws the pollen back in the air, so it can be inhaled again.

Car is covered in pollen, so something has just jizzed everywhere.

I don't think it's grass, as that generally does not bother me. Oil Seed Rape does though.

Back