Happy hours and cheap alcohol should be banned, say MPs

making alcohol more expensive never works people just wont by dinner and drinks, will just the liqour and get more messed up because of it...

It irritates me how we all get tarred with the same brush! I had the radio on the other day and they were talking about this - I had to turn it off in the end cos it was winding me up. This cop saying that 45% of their resources are taken up with drunk caused problems and how we would all be better off if prices were more expensive. He was asked what a fair price would be for a pint and he said pub price so basicly he is saying that all supermarkets should sell at pub price - so its all us lot who drink at home who are causing the problem - I apologise to all those I have affected by staying in, reducing my carbon footprint, being sick on my own carpet and pissing in my own toilet!

I bet the copper wouldn't want to see his own reduced bar go tho, same as the MPs. Presumably we could lay off half the coppers too if they weren't needed to combat all the drunks!

Load of bollox!!

I agree supermarkets should not sell at a loss but I'm sick of this government telling us how we should eat, smoke drink ,drive etc. The govt stands to make even more revenue if the prices go up from the VAT they charge.
Is this what living in the "free world" has come to?
:drink::drink::Cheers:

Super markets sell alcohol at a loss?!! That's a disgrace if true. Anyone have a link from a good source?

I'm shocked and stunned, almost lost for words, in fact I am so I'll just shut up in disbelief.

Maybe we can all live off alcohol and bankrupt the supermarkets, I certainly can try.

Back