[GUIDE] Flashing an Image with FlashWizard POSTED

k-net2020

Inactive User
Reaction score
1st of a few I am preparing, can you chaps even those who know what they are doing take a look and give me some feedback, it would be useful if you can rate it on structre & how easy it it to follow etc.

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65097

Please also use this thread to make suggestions for other guides you'd like to see here. Please DO NOT distribute these files outside DW via the web etc, passing them to family & friends etc is ok.

great guide very easy to understand, i would like a fool proof guide for streaming mp3s and recording from the dreambox if someone could come up with something please. as i seem to be thick and just can not get it to work.
thanks

:Clap: Cant fault it (yet LOL):Clap:

Just wish I'd had it my first time. I dont get the same messages as you and my box does not reboot when finished, I am sure I have not got the kill box ticked so will check on that later maybe thats the problem?

A tut on DCC would be nice I have been messing with it for a couple of days now have started to find my way around the dir's on the dreambox

bonter said:
Just wish I'd had it my first time. I dont get the same messages as you and my box does not reboot when finished, I am sure I have not got the kill box ticked so will check on that later maybe thats the problem?

A tut on DCC would be nice I have been messing with it for a couple of days now have started to find my way around the dir's on the dreambox

Those messages only pop up when you are installing official .IMG files using FlashwizardPRO; most users install .FWZ files which are backup copies and the process appears to work different :)

Just had a read... im liking it very much ;)
Especially the disclaimers... "Educational Purposes only.... neither I nor Digital World condone..." etc [covers our ass if anything was to happen]
and then "Not to be distributed without Express Permission" ;)
oh and the Digital World branding :)

Very easy to follow; it will help alot of people who are converts from DBOX to Dreambox, and newbies alike.

One thing I did notice...
You also use this screen to perform a Flash backup or to restore a previous backup, we'll come to that later in the guide.

... however, there is no further mention of it after that point :)
Other than that its amazing!

One final thing.... what XP Visual Style are you using?? :p I rather like it...
Liam

liamcrayden said:
One thing I did notice...
You also use this screen to perform a Flash backup or to restore a previous backup, we'll come to that later in the guide.

... however, there is no further mention of it after that point :)
Other than that its amazing!

One final thing.... what XP Visual Style are you using?? :p I rather like it...
Liam

Just posted Guide to Backup & Restore and Image using FWP

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65140

Gonna do...

1 - Streaming & VLC
2 - Installing an EMU
3 - Some type of tips n tricks & best practices...

Just read the new one; just as good as the last :)
Well done.

Back