Gridlock Mars Robbie Gig

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Travel chaos marred the first of Robbie Williams gigs at Knebworth, with thousands missing the concert due to huge traffic jams.
Those who managed to make it to the show then had to face up to a five-hour wait to get out of the car-park for the journey home.
A spokesman for AA Roadwatch said the extent of the delays had been unexpected, and blamed poor weather and busy Friday evening traffic.
Robbie is playing three gigs at the Hertfordshire stately home. He kicked off last night's, in front of 125,000, with his hit, Let Me Entertain You.
Robbie told the crowd: "For the first time in my life, I am speechless. I really hope I can do a show that will make your proud. I've never seen anything like this in my life, ever."
And the 28-year-old added: "After these three nights I don't think Britain will see anything like this for a long time to come."
Outside fan Paul Glover said he was 'gutted' after paying £40 to hear a muffled version of his favourite song Angels from the hard shoulder of the A1.
The 31-year-old from Kent set off at midday with five friends to watch his pop idol perform. But the group spent nine hours stuck on the A1 between junction six and seven.
Organisers are hoping tonight's travel arrangements will avoid a similar gridlock

1155895.jpg

Back