Gray and Keys land new jobs

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh well ill be turning off talksport when they come on....used to only turn on sky for the match and off again so i didnt have to listen to their irritating twaddle.

Former Sky Sports TV presenters Richard Keys and Andy Gray, who left their jobs after a sexism row, will return to broadcasting next week, hosting a daily radio show on English commercial station talkSPORT.

Former Scotland international Gray was sacked while Keys resigned last month after off-air comments regarding lineswoman Sian Massey at a Premier League match between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Liverpool and other comments were leaked to the media.

Discussing Massey, Keys said: "Somebody better get down there and explain the offside rule to her." Gray responded: "I know, can you believe that? A female linesman..."

A Sky statement revealed that Gray's sacking was also linked to a similar incident in December, where he made an innuendo-laden comment to Sky Sports News presenter Charlotte Jackson when he asked her to tuck in his shirt.

Sky said they terminated Gray's contract "in response to new evidence of unacceptable and offensive behaviour".

Sky Sports managing director Barney Francis said: "Andy Gray's contract has been terminated for unacceptable behaviour. After issuing a warning yesterday, we have no hesitation in taking this action after becoming aware of new information today."

Keys had been a presenter on Sky since 1992 and former Aston Villa and Everton striker Gray served as chief analyst alongside Keys on the broadcaster's flagship soccer shows.

"We are delighted to be joining the TalkSport family, and can't wait to get started," said Keys.

Gray is happy to return as a pundit.

"I can't tell you how excited I am to be joining TalkSport. It's a wonderful opportunity for Richard and I to do what we do best and that's talk about sport," he said.

The TalkSport programme director, Moz Dee, was looking forward to welcoming the pair to his radio station.

"The events of the last couple of weeks have been a lesson and have changed them," said Dee.

"One thing that hasn't changed however is that they are two iconic broadcasters who have a wealth of experience in the world of sport and that's what we have to do now – move forward with them as sports broadcasters.

"I think it's a sensational coup for TalkSport and great for radio. These men have carved out amazing careers in television and were at the forefront of the Sky revolution. I think they are going to have a massive impact on the radio scene."

The pair's first show will be on February 14 at 10am.
Eurosport / Reuters

16:00 8/2/11

images

How long before they get sacked from this job for so called dodgy remarks.??? :)

this is dam funny thought i would link it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojjdP01ydqo]YouTube - Andy Gray & Richard Keys Pisstake[/ame]

these two have been a big part of the premier league for the last part of 20 years and the amount of abuse they are getting is pathetic

they got new jobs so lets move on

I always assumed that talkSport was owned and ran by Sky, you get quite a few people from Sky Sports with slots on there...

these two have been a big part of the premier league for the last part of 20 years and the amount of abuse they are getting is pathetic

they got new jobs so lets move on

Totally agree with this. They get battered from pillar to post but the ironic thing is that 90% of the people doing the hardcore bashing are exactly the same way out and do hold the same opinions....so what's that make them ? HTTH IMO. (holier than thou hypocrites). Or jealousy.

Last edited:
everyone on talksport were calling him allsorts lol now they working there.

Last week a caller called in and said to the presenters why are they dissing them because talksport will probably employ them soon and look where we are now.

They got rid of mike parry to make way, i liked mike! he was a pillock! gave me laughs.

mike parry was funny

didn't he call an MP a nazi or sommit

i am afraid hypocrisy is everywhere

hypocrisy is alongside political correctness as a fundamental part of how we will live nowadays

we are more worried how we act as humans rather than actually living

BOTTOM LINE is that gray & keys are a major reason why SKY Sports is where it is - 20 years on and people think they are the scurge of the country for openly criticising women in football

just like ron atkinson was assassinated by the media and public for being this racist bigot - no one remembers him for his achievements in football nor the fact he was the first manager to play a high volume of black players in the top league

he was human and made a mistake just like gray and keys

i have met ron atkinson and even though he is a fat villa twat he still a very kind and warming person who will talk to anyone but on the other hand he is a racist bigot

if that is not contradicting i dont know what is

Last edited:
@MikeS mike parry "didn't he call an MP a nazi or sommit"

no he didn't it was Jeremy Kyle in his short time at the station.

something you have to realise not everybody who is having a go at grey and keys is basing there comments on the last couple of weeks, i know many like myself who cant stand them as so called football pundits....and have done for years.

i have had sky sports for years and i either turn the sound down or turn tv off pre and after match summaries for the last couple of years when those jokers are spouting their drivel.

my local pub does the same as publican don't like them either.

undoubtedly they have contributed to the rise of skysport football coverage and the changes like you say.

i am generally not pc but try not to be hypocritical, i just think they are both arse holes.

yes maybe so

hence why sky sports is so popular

they are controversial figures who did increase ratings

parry was great with brazil on the breakfast show (far better than irani) but for talk sport the 10-1 current affairs show was a bit dull, same kind of things all the time, although he was better than john gaunt who i hated!

but it is talk sports and id rather listen to keys and gray chat football

to the clowns who say im not listening again! (because gray was caught saying something that 90% of football fans will agree with!) bottom line it would be a talking point and a joke if you rock up to see your team and its a female ref/lino...

parry was great with brazil on the breakfast show (far better than irani) but for talk sport the 10-1 current affairs show was a bit dull, same kind of things all the time, although he was better than john gaunt who i hated!

but it is talk sports and id rather listen to keys and gray chat football

to the clowns who say im not listening again! (because gray was caught saying something that 90% of football fans will agree with!) bottom line it would be a talking point and a joke if you rock up to see your team and its a female ref/lino...
Talksport is class lol jon gaunt was a nob but loved listening to him in the mornings. Hate their fishing shows.
I do like the moose. Keys and graay will be a bit reserved at first but can see them getting into the moose bashing after a while.

agree dentist been listening for years George Galloway is always good at nights also
my favourite ever show was football first in europe with gab marcotti and adrian durham. Can never make my mind up about durham i kinda think he is an arse but incredibly good at his job if that makes sense..

jon gaunt never understood how he became popular

i think Andy Gray would be a perfect foil for Brazil on the breakfast show who is an absolute legend...

Mick Quinn is also decent on it, but not a huge fan of Darren Gough but as a radio station its the best around by a mile...

Back