Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Good Movie Channels in English & Nilesat Quesion

ruddyrum

Inactive User
Hey,

I currently have too many channels to browse manually and i was wondering if anyone could recommend some decent movie channels, other than premiere and sky movies that also broadcast in English.

I have tried Canal + but even though i select English audio it is still in French!!

i have access to the following satellites: Astra 19.2, 28.2 and hotbird 13.0

I know that MBC on Nilesat (7.0W) is good, but i cannot seem to receive it. What size dish would one need to receive that transponder and also that of 26.0E Badr?

Thanks

Mate have you downloaded any of the preprepared channel lists? It makes things a lot easier.

Canalsatallites Cine package can be good but they have a terrible habit of showing homegrown French titles and French dubbed English titles with no English subcarrier, Digital+ have the brilliant Taquilla channels but thats currently only available on a CS. TPSs Multivision and CineCinema are decent enough as are FilmNet. TV1000s selection @ 5.0e is excellent and there's shitloads of excellent Nordic stuff on 1.0w. The Nilesat Showtime channels are also excellent, oh the list goes on and on........

I have a 1.2m dish and i can recieve all these channels.

I know that MBC on Nilesat (7.0W) is good, but i cannot seem to receive it. What size dish would one need to receive that transponder and also that of 26.0E Badr?

Thanks

you'll need about a 3-4meter dish to recieve nilesat in the uk m8

Reddyrum,
Have you managed to pick up showtime (7w) on your 1.2m dish in the Uk? If so, where are you located and what's your precise setup?
I've heard that you can pick up quite a few 7w transponders on in the uk with a 1-2m dish, but that they reduce the beam footprint when they are showing premiership football on showtime.
Mind you, this hasn't stopped a local landlord in my neck of the woods who's put a 3m dish up in his garden and gets the 7w footy no probs!

3m :FRIGHT:

I was shocked when i saw the size of my 1m dish, i cant even begin to imagine what a 3m dish would look like on the side of a house!

Would be amazing tho if you owned a penthouse flat i guess!

I have been worrying about locating the dish to the side of my house as I probably won't recieve anything due West. Is there anything worth receiving on that side?

I have been worrying about locating the dish to the side of my house as I probably won't recieve anything due West. Is there anything worth receiving on that side?

Apart from C_bo on 30W nothing much. As long as you can still pull in Thor 1W you'll be fine.

Back