good free anti spyware program

hoppy

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a very good,free anti spyware program.
Its called "10 bit security 360" and its the same people who make advanced system care.
This is the RC version and its stable and runs smoothly.
I was going to post this a few months back but it was an early beta then and had a few bugs and was just a shield and a scanner.

This version comes with too many features to mention and is a really good bit of freeware.
Its light on resources and works ok with my other security programs.(avast+malwarebytes)
Scans are relatively quick and variable with a resident scanner aswell.
Realtime protection is also variable and excellent.

My only little niggle is when you first install it you might have a couple of pop ups as it learns your system but it does remember what you have checked.

I would say its the best free one around.

Cheers.

here is the link
http://www.majorgeeks.com/IObit_Security_360_d6088.html

Last edited:
I love major geeks site great for grabbing free stuff always read the reviews and do a little testing your self though I still use AD-AWARE lava-soft but will take a look at this thanks for the link :proud:

Cheers hoppy i just downloaded it and scaned, It picked up 3 threats a paid for copy of AVG didn't.:Cheers:

awseome proggie is there a serial for this so we can use the advance features?

cheers fo that installed and it brought up a list of faults, although all these progs seem to find stuff others don't lol but will keep it
thank you:Clap:

AVG is an antivirus software it doesnt look for or find malware or spyware.

I use Spybot SD, seems to be the most popular and always comes out top on testing sites.

Hi All,

No Expert so I could be wrong, but says anti spyware in my AVG?

mine says the same using avg free,but will try this out,good post aswell @ hoppy

Last edited:
Hi All,

No Expert so I could be wrong, but says anti spyware in my AVG?

I know it says it is supposed to find it, but check your system with a real spyware finder like spybot and see what AVG misses.

hi all,

this looks great but theres a lot of ;peeps saying SPYBOT is better,

i have neither so is there anyone on here who has a link to spybot plz????

thanx:proud:

hi all,

this looks great but theres a lot of ;peeps saying SPYBOT is better,

i have neither so is there anyone on here who has a link to spybot plz????

thanx:proud:

Yeh here is a link for spybot sd.
Spybot - Search and Destroy 1.6.3.51 Beta Download - Freeware Files.com - Security/Privacy Category

Personally i don't like spybot mate, its power hungry, crap interface and doesn't have variable scans.
If your running a full scan it takes forever and its detection is pretty average.
But its probably best to try both and see what you think..

many thanx

to all i shall try theese

thanx again:Cheers:

nice one hoppy running now...all seems good ...was running free avg cos me nod32 ran out ..this pick up two critical things avg didnt .like you say isnt resource hungary like spybot and others....cheers.

Back