Other Good Deal?

why not just source what you need & build own probably do it a lot cheaper

Regarding your current link, I agree about the RAM (currently only 4GB). The more RAM, the better in my opinion.
I have yet to purchase a SSD so have no experience in them.

It depends what you are looking for.

You can buy a ready made PC from many companies where you would look at the specifications and if you like what you see, buy it. Least hassle for many people but the least customisable. Good for those with little time though if you do not wish to consider building a PC.

You can go for full customisation which means purchasing all the parts from a site such as ebuyer and then building it yourself. This allows you to decide (almost) exactly what you would like but you do require some time to research the items and an hour or two to build the PC, turn it on and install the operating system etc.

Or you can go for minor customisation which is similar to your link. This allows you to customise to a degree but you are limited in your choice of options. Although I'm guessing this is made to order, i.e. you don't have to build this yourself either.

That's the basics anyway. I'm not sure specifically what you are aiming for but if you are unsure, take a look at what else is available that is similar to what you are currently looking at and decide from there.

RAM and SSD performance are technically two separate upgrades in terms of function. If you're looking to use the PC with many applications open etc, then more RAM is good. I always find a laptop or PC sluggish with 4 GB of RAM or less (and sometimes even 8 GB depending on the PC) which is why I tend to recommend more RAM. However, if you're only going to be opening one application at a time or one browsing window at a time, a RAM upgrade may not be worth it (my perception is that it would be though).
A SSD will be a benefit in terms of loading, saving etc. Opening a large file that would take some time to wait on a HDD would obviously be a lot quicker on a SSD for example.
SSDs are likely to be the future. They are considered now to be just as good in terms of life span to a HDD too.

Regarding full customisation:
If you have considered the idea of building a PC but you are not sure, it's actually fairly simple (probably a little more complex if you're going for a hardcore gaming PC with cooling etc but the average PC is simple enough ;)).
I had a friend who helped guide me through building my first one but when I decided to build another PC, I remembered what to do so while my friend was with me again, it was more for troubleshooting support in case anything went wrong.

I hope this is of some help,
ROBsLab :cool:.

hi
I worked in dell and the Vostro is crap so many issues with psu especially . I know you have a 1 year warranty but be lucky if it lasted . btw onboard gfx is hopeless . but depends what your budget is and what u intend to do with it

Back