Mobile Phones Giffgaff Outage

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
How many users on here use giffgaff? I do and havent had no service pretty much from around 10am

Hi everyone,

We are aware that there is an issue with the giffgaff network including but not limited to loss of service. We are aware of this issue, please do not raise an agent case.

We are investigating the issue and will update you as soon as we have more information.

All the best,

Will

Update: 10:27

Hi guys,

I'm afraid that I can't give you any ETAs at the moment, we are still investigating the issue. We will continue to keep you updated and I will be sure to post them as soon as we have any news.

All the best,

Will

Update: 10:38

Hi guys,

We have not identified the source of the issue yet but we have narrowed it down. We will let you know as soon as we have further information.

All the best,

Will

Update 10:49

We have discovered the cause of this outage is due to a power outage at one of our suppliers. We do not have an ETA on a resolution, but this will hopefully resolved soon. They will need to restore power, and then the engineers (who are already on their way there) will reboot all the required systems.

Thanks,
Joe

Update: 11:07

Hi guys,

We can confirm that this issue will also make your balance and goodybags show as n/a in your account. You do not need to raise a case about this either as it will be fixed at the same time.

All the best,

Will

Update - 11:18

charlie_foster wrote:
why are we not allowed to raise a case? im just wondering

This is because this is a network wide problem, and does not need to be solved individually. Do not raise a case in regards to this service outage, as it will be resolved without your case being raised.

Regards,
Joe

Update - 11:25

alewisa wrote:
This outage needs to be on the very front page, not hidden in a forum.

Its rather pointless having "do not raise an agent case" on Page 1 of the forum post, when there are multiple threads about service issues today (all the same issue).

Put it on the main page, and on each customer login page.

Hi alewisa,

The reason we've not got this up on the main page (which we usually do in terms of wider issues with a "men at work" announcement) is that the system that we use to change this sort of thing on the site is affected by this outage too.

We're working on getting all of this back up. As soon as we can, we'll let you know - and of course, get this message up.

Kind regards,

--craig

Update 11:32

Hi guys,

We have identified the cause of the power outage. A water mains pipe burst at our suppliers causing a power outage. Unfortunately we still do not have an ETA for you.

All the best,

Will

Update - 11:48

Hi guys,

The engineers are still on the scene and are currently assessing the damage. We are expecting a call from them before 1pm to give us more information and we will of course update you as soon as we know.

All the best,

Will

Update - 12:08

Hi Guys,

We now have a "man at work" message on the login page. The message currently reads "The site is being updated at the moment so some of the transactional pages like login, top-up or activation may not be working. For more news on the update and timings check our community notice board"

It is showing this because we are moving our hosting in response to this issue. This is not a planned move and is in response to this issue.

All the best,

Will

Update - 12:31

Some incoming texts are working, some are not. If a text is shown on the senders end as sent but has not arrived on the recipients handset then it will be retried later. You will receive these messages after the issue is fixed.

All the best,

Will

Update - 12:57

Hi everyone

We have had a conference call with the appropriate parties and an active plan has been designed and it is being investigated now. We will have more information in 30 minutes.

All the best,

Will

Update - 13:01

We have identified a possible workaround for voice only. More information on this coming up soon

Wil

Update - 13:46

Hi guys,

Data should now be up and running for everyone. We are still working on the other issues.

All the best,

Will

Update - 13:58

Hi guys,

Contrary to my previous statement, data should now be working for some members. Try rebooting your handset to get it working.

All the best,

Will

Update - 14:46

Hi guys,

We have had an update from the engineers. Work is progressing and we are expecting another update within an hour to let us know how it is going.

All the best,

Will

Update - 15:30

will23 wrote:
Update - 15:20

Hi guys,

There will be no issues with ports. Porting across the industry as a process do not happen on the weekend so unless it lasts that long, port ins will not be affected.

All the best,

Will

Hi guys,

In addition to this I have just had news that we are unable to track the progess of some ports due to arrive today. If this applies to you then you need to wait until this issue is fixed before reporting this failed.

All the best,

Will

Update - 15:52

Hi guys,

Data should now be working for all customers.

All the best,

Will

Update - 16:03

Engineers are implementing a workaround for voice services now. Voice services should be working for some customers and will continue to become available within the next hour or two for the rest. If your voice services are not working yet please be patient as the workaround is being rolled out across the country.

All the best,

Will

Update - 16:37
Hi guys,
Many of you will notice that you are unable to login to post. This is because we have been running on the outages server in order to limit transactions as they currently fail on live.
Due to maintenance performed by lithium all members, including staff, were logged out and since we were on outage servers nobody, again including staff, were unable to log back in. We briefly switched back to live servers in order for staff to log back in, but we should very soon (at time of writing) be back on outage servers again, so this is why you cannot log in.
All the best,
Will

No calls or text for me at moment, really annoyed as no one can get in touch with me and I cant find my orange sim!

first problem l have had with them .. orange was every month and 3 times the price ,, so not a problem to wait

Mines working now can make and recieve calls/txt and data

Everything stopped working on mine about 11 this morning, data returned about 3 but still cant' send txts or make / receive calls.

Not much you can do though really if a burst water pipe has caused the power outage, other than this i haven't really had much trouble with them.

Everything stopped working on mine about 11 this morning, data returned about 3 but still cant' send txts or make / receive calls.

Not much you can do though really if a burst water pipe has caused the power outage, other than this i haven't really had much trouble with them.

Sounds like a top quality service lol

Everyone bangs on about how good giffgaff is and this is the first time I've heard of any problems so I assume it's normally fine. Vodafone had those big problems a few months back and I was going mad lol (being a Voda customer)

email :

You may have experienced loss of service today (Friday 16th March), we're sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

This was due to a burst water pipe which took out the power at one of our 3rd party suppliers. Engineers have been working on this and have put a fix in place which we are now monitoring for stability. During the period where service is restored you may notice that your service is intermittent.

We're continuing to work on this issue and regular updates will be provided in the community Noticeboard. Additional information is also available via our Blog where our CEO Mike Fairman has popped up a quick update.
Once we are sure that full and stable service has been restored for all members we will look at ways to make it up to you.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

The giffgaff team

I know for a short while yesterday mid morning til around lunchtime O2 where down aswell but I guess thats down to the fact that share the network.

Back