Getting rid of cats ...

Lanstrom

Inactive User
Reaction score
Whats the best way (without killin the little bar-stewards) of keeping other peoples cats off my garden ?

I dont want to be spending £20+ on a cat scarrer and I have tried those pellets you sprinkle on ya garden.

I thought about trapping it and dropping it off somewhere near my parents (50 miles away) but the bugger will probably find its way back anyway.

why do u want to get rid of cats

i have a problem with other people's cat attacking my cats in our back garden

just think of cats like humans

we have the same problem with other people occupying our personal space :)

They keep crapping on my lawn and its p1ssing me off as my 6 year old plays there and we shouldn't have to worry about treading in it on my own lawn.

Here kitty kitty .... WOLLOP !

Maybe a trip to the local DOG rescue centre would be a good idea :)

They keep crapping on my lawn and its p1ssing me off as my 6 year old plays there and we shouldn't have to worry about treading in it on my own lawn.

Here kitty kitty .... WOLLOP !

Maybe a trip to the local DOG rescue centre would be a good idea :)

Then you'll have the dog shitting on the lawn

The Big Cheese - Cat Repeller

RRP: £28.73
Price: £13.63 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions
You Save: £15.10 (53%)

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000NR8Q1U/hotukdeals-21]The Big Cheese - Cat Repeller: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors[/ame]

That'd be ok coz it would be MY dog. Aint so bad when its ya own.
And anyway ... I would get a crocodile to finish the dog off :)

Cheers for the link. Do they do it in a less radioactive colour ? ;-)

That actually reminds me of a gizmo my mate made once. Birds kept landing on his LNB on his sat dish so he made something with a PIR and used a windscreen cleaner motor out of a fiesta to shoot a jet of water at the bird. Worked a treat :)

Last edited:
That'd be ok coz it would be MY dog. Aint so bad when its ya own.
And anyway ... I would get a crocodile to finish the dog off :)

Cheers for the link. Do they do it in a less radioactive colour ? ;-)

That actually reminds me of a gizmo my mate made once. Birds kept landing on his LNB on his sat dish so he made something with a PIR and used a windscreen cleaner motor out of a fiesta to shoot a jet of water at the bird. Worked a treat :)

My mum bought one of those gizmos that emits a high pitch tone and a infra red beam:err:
and it was useless.
When the cats were crapping in her lovely garden she fired it (as it looks like a gun) and they didn't flinch.
£30 down the pan.lol

My mum bought one of those gizmos that emits a high pitch tone and a infra red beam:err:
and it was useless.
When the cats were crapping in her lovely garden she fired it (as it looks like a gun) and they didn't flinch.
£30 down the pan.lol

88 good 4 / 5 star reviews compared to 30 1 star reviews

and these are £13.63 not £30

88 good 4 / 5 star reviews compared to 30 1 star reviews

and these are £13.63 not £30

I don't know which one they bought Tony, i just know it was a joke.lol
@ Lanstrom, if you do buy one that works could you post an update please?

Yer will do.

Got home to find a black bird ripped to shreds all over my lawn yesterday (feathers and blood everywhere). Managed to clean it up before my son got to see it though.

Dem fookerz have gotta go !

I don't know how good this works but my grandmother would scatter ground pepper around the garden to get rid of cats the pepper is meant to drive the cat nuts sneezing

Last edited:
Yer will do.

Got home to find a black bird ripped to shreds all over my lawn yesterday (feathers and blood everywhere). Managed to clean it up before my son got to see it though.

Dem fookerz have gotta go !

Thanks mate..
:Cheers:

Cats hate water, on that basis why not buy a sensored water sprinkler??

had some cat shit on my lawn at the weekend, found it when cutting the grass.. mower just ate it..

I've had this problem for about a year now. I tried the cat scarers, but the cats just crapped right in front of it. I think they are disrespecting me

I've got so fed up with it now that I have put large fences all around the garden and dug up all the lawn. I'm in the process of stoning the whole garden because i know they won't like standing on it.

i am a cat lover and got 2 cats and I agree with some members, I have problems with other peoples cats that haven't had their nuts chopped and constantly looking for fights

worst part is scenting in my house the little shits as I know my cats wont do it

same problem with dogs, how many ppl got dogs and let them shit on pavements and in parks and turn a blind eye

I don't know how good this works but my grandmother would scatter ground pepper around the garden to get rid of cats the pepper is meant to drive the cat nuts sneezing

I've heard of this aswell, would be worth a try. Just buy yourself a air-rifle and fire it when the cats are in the back-garden, shouldn't come back again. I did when the birds kept coming in my garden, have had around 3 since I last fired it so all good but then again I have shot a few pigeons that have not moved lol

Pepper is good, don't use any bleaching/cleaning products with ammonia in it, it attracts them. We put pepper on a fence post next doors cat was using as a scratching post, stopped it immediately. (The Missus mixed up a pepper paste, and painted it on the fence...)

Obviously, with it being a lawn, it's not practical, but you could try it on the fences?

Other than that, get your own cat/s, it'll be a territory thing, and your cat will kick the arse of any intruder cat... ;)

Back