Germany keeper dies in accident

andywhitt2

Inactive User
Reaction score
Germany and Hannover 96 goalkeeper Robert Enke, 32, has died after being hit by a train, police have confirmed.

The German football federation (DFB) said in a statement: "The German team has learned of the death of Robert Enke with great shock.

"National team coach Joachim Loew and manager Oliver Bierhoff said: 'We are all shocked, we are speechless'."

Enke played eight times for Germany and also for clubs Benfica, Barcelona and Borussia Moenchengladbach.

He made his international debut aged 31 and became Germany's number one keeper after Jens Lehmann retired from internationals at the end of Euro 2008.

Enke, whose two-year-old daughter Lara died two years ago from a heart defect, had missed Germany's last four matches through injury but returned for his club at the weekend.

Loew had indicated that Enke was in pole position for the number one jersey at next year's World Cup finals in South Africa

BBC SPORT | Football | Internationals | Germany keeper dies in accident

reported as suicide due to personal problems... shame :(

You're right seedy.

But, Jesus that is a horrible story.

His poor family.

It's like the old joke about the rubbish goalkeeper jumping in front of bus and it goes under him... only it was a train and it went over him.

if it was suicide i feel sorry for the family and the train driver that hit him but i don't think its weak or coward that commits suicide i think it takes a lot of guts and mental issues i know i couldn't do it myself i don't know about the rest of yo use

Nah sorry...I feel for the train driver, the passengers, his wife & his daughter he left behind, not him.

Inconsiderate sod.

i can see what ur saying m8, but his head must have been totally mashed for him to go to such extreme lengths. maybe he needed more help then he was gettin? also goes to sure that money can not always grant u happiness.......

Poor guy. RIP.

On a lighter note, anyone want to see my Dick? :)

I'm both sick and vulgar, what exactly is your point?

that's its not about you and your little manhood its actually about a serious topic that you could be man enough to join in but if your going to be a little insecure and childish.. sober up or write in the joke section mate as i respect most of the thing you say but at night a lot of the things you say is when your drunk and land you in a lot of trouble and getting banned why ...you seem like a decent guy when your sober

that's its not about you and your little manhood its actually about a serious topic that you could be man enough to join in but if your going to be a little insecure and childish.. sober up or write in the joke section mate as i respect most of the thing you say but at night a lot of the things you say is when your drunk and land you in a lot of trouble and getting banned why ...you seem like a decent guy when your sober

Och Shut up.

I gave my mandatory sympathies.

You are getting no cock picture.

Who said I was drunk?

You already know that I'm sick and Vulgar, I suggest you add me to your IGNORE list and add me Negative Rep,.

Back