Gemini 4.5 images

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
just had this from IhaD, but cant find it on their site, but heres the info for those who want it

Hallo digidude,

am Wochenende wird es wieder ein Release der Gemini 4.5 Enigma1 Images geben.
Es werden erstmal keine E2 Images kommen, soviel sei vorweg gesagt.
Hier schon mal die wichtigsten Änderungen.

Neu:
* Einlesen der aufgenommen Filme bei jedem Menüaufruf oder nur einmal beim Start (BP->Extra->Aufnahme)
* Aufnahme im neuen Enigma 2 Format (*.meta Dateien) oder wie bisher als "recordings.epl" (BP->Extra->Aufnahme)
* BP-Hauptmenü umgestellt
* zusätzliche Informationen jetzt unter Menü->Informtionen neue Optik
* Geräte-Manager für HDD / DVD / CF / USB
* Jukebox reaktiviert (auf Wunsch eines netten Users Augenzwinkern ) bitte als Addon nachinstallieren
* Treiber für USB-Cardreader (Chipset FTDI und PL2303) jetzt im Image für USB-Boxen mit drin, werden aber nicht geladen!

Fix + Update:
* Dreamnetcast (gleichzeitig Fernsehen und Internetradio)
* RSS-Reader
* Wettervorschau (jetzt mit Favoriten-Verwaltung)
* SWAP
* User-Script
* siehe CVS
* BP-Wiki überarbeitet Das Blue-Panel - Gemini-Wiki

Wie immer werden die Images unter:

...::: I have a Dreambox Forum :::... | Startseite

abzurufen sein.

Wir freuen uns auf dich!
Dein Gemini / IhaD Team

Hello digidude,

on weekends, there will be another release of Gemini 4.5 Enigma1 images.
There are no E2 first images, said much had anticipated.
Here even the most important changes.

New:
* Reading of the films at each menu or call only once at the start (BP-> Extra-> recording)
* Inclusion in the new Enigma 2 format (*. meta files) or as usual as "recordings.epl" (BP-> Extra-> recording)
* BP main menu changed
* Additional information now in Menu-> Informtionen new optics
* Device Manager for HDD / DVD / CF / USB
* Reactivated Jukebox (at the request of a user friendly wink), please add as nachinstallieren
* Drivers for USB Card Reader (PL2303 chipset and FTDI) now in the image for USB boxes with them, but are not loaded!

Fix + Update:
* Dreamnetcast (both television and Internet radio)
* RSS reader
* Weather (now with favorites Management)
* SWAP
* User Script
* See CVS
* BP revised Wiki The Blue Panel - Gemini Wiki

As always, the images at:

...::: I have a forum Dreambox :::... | Home

retrieve.

We look forward to hearing from you!
Your Gemini / IhaD team

Drivers for USB Card Reader (PL2303 chipset and FTDI) now in the image for USB boxes with them, but are not loaded!

excellent news

ill just add this here as well then

gooseye said:
Thought I'd share my simple USB phoenix design with fellow newcs users. It's fixed to 6MHz, CLK taken from the FT232R itself. Tested working fine with my nds 0961 card with newcs running on both mipsel (netgear wgt634u router) & ppc (sony ps3).

All that's needed is a USB serial module from ebay seller "kuzito", 1 x Schottky diode BAT43, 1 x tantalum ~4uF, 1 x ISO socket. Total ~EUR20.

The Schottky diode is mounted on the underside of the PCB, and the tantalum capacitor on the topside between Vcc and GND at the PCB's 10uH inductor & the u-shaped ground tracks on the pcb.

See the picture - I was able to neatly superglue the pcb onto an ISO socket after cutting/removing one plastic strut from the socket.

The FT232R must be reprogrammed with FTDI's MProg utlilty to expose the internal 6MHz clock on C3 (pin 14). Carefully solder to the corner pin 14 & connect CLK6 to the ISO socket.

the picture

So nothing really worth updating for for general DM500 users?

So nothing really worth updating for for general DM500 users?

nope unless ur a clone user and fancy playing around to unlock the blue panel pmsl

cheers

osborne82

ps why do peeps still use gemini tis shit compared to other images :)

well what would you say is the best image to use on the 500 -S ?

Back